Is web development the future of Java
What is web development?
Web development, also known as web engineering, includes all measures that are related to the systematic development and technical implementation of web-based software solutions, such as web applications or web applications.
When developing a new web application, the process of web development includes advice in the first step, e.g. with regard to the selection of a suitable system. Then, based on clearly defined goals and requirements, a draft for the implementation is designed. After the web application has been developed, it is created and put into operation. The entire process is continuously monitored during the development of the application.
With already existing systems, i.e. previously created web applications, web development deals with the constant technical support and maintenance of the systems. This includes, on the one hand, the continuous further development of the application and, on the other hand, the expansion of the range of functions, as well as the subsequent optimization of the systems. Furthermore, the monitoring and maintenance (e.g. security updates, backups, etc.) of the web application falls within the remit of web development.
Web development also deals with the planning, design and programming of interfaces between the various systems (e.g. the connection of a merchandise management system to an online shop). As well as with the development and connection of databases, authoring and editing systems.
When changing from one system to another, the data must be migrated. The implementation of existing databases in new systems is only rarely limited to a simple copying from A to B. As a result, the migration of the databases takes some time and requires the necessary know-how for a clean transition from the old one to a new system.
What are web applications?
Web applications or web applications are applications that are location-independent because they are executed on a web server. It is operated via a web browser. The location is irrelevant for the use of this application software, only a connection to the Internet is required.
There are also numerous web applications with a wide variety of functions.
On the one hand, administration software with which data is recorded, managed, processed and evaluated. Here are some examples:
- Content Management System (CMS)
System for managing the content of a website (such as images, texts, videos, forms, etc.)
- Customer Relationship Management System (CRM)
Customer care system (contains e.g. contacts, addresses, memos, emails and invoices, etc.)
- Enterprise Resource Planning System (ERP)
System for planning business data (e.g. sales, turnover, contribution margins, warehouse movements, etc.),
- and much more
On the other hand, there are also countless other web applications with a wide variety of fields of application. These applications can be adapted to individual needs. Here are a few examples:
- Smartphone apps
- Customer portals
- Online stores
- Picture galleries
- Ordering systems
- Rating systems
- Survey tools
- Ticket systems
- and much more
Some of the more complex web applications include:
Shop systems are the software basis for creating an online shop. They can be installed both database-based and dynamically via a web application on an Internet server. The various shop systems offer a multitude of options for selling products online. With the help of a shop system, the products can be presented, the orders and the payment process, as well as the after-sales service (e.g. delivery) can be processed. It consists of various components, such as product databases, content management systems, customer management systems, payment and web tracking systems, to name just a few.
Examples of shop systems:
- WooCommerce - The free WordPress plugin is an extension of the content management system for creating an online shop.
- Magento - is an online shop software based on the PHP scripting language.
- Hybris - is a Java-based shop system with an open framework.
Blog platforms and shop systems such as Magento, WordPress / WooCommerce and Hybris are written in PHP, MySQL or Java, for example. However, there are a variety of other programming languages that are used in web development.
If you have any further questions about the way we work or our offers, please do not hesitate to contact us!
- What do you mean by connection protocol
- What's in the opening film
- What are XML comments in C.
- What is the best SMS provider in HK
- Which fabrics are the most durable?
- Are the people in Salem MA friendly
- Assassination is an art
- How has time management changed your life
- How does the wallet system work
- Why are Huawei products so popular
- Is selenium free
- The best neighbors are nosy neighbors
- Is hurricane stronger than typhoon 13
- What do you think why
- Why are people so irritating
- How do termites get into the property
- Is distance learning worthwhile in India
- When did you start reading political books?
- How did Jay Z come to Beyonce
- Is Malnad College of Engineering good
- When is Canadian Thanksgiving Day
- What did you learn from PUBG
- Creosote bush is poisonous
- Creosote bush is poisonous