Is it difficult to climb Kilimanjaro?
Kilimanjaro ascent: can I do it?
Every trekking participant asks himself this question. Rightly so!
Technically, Kilimanjaro is not a problem. A hiking trail leads up to the summit. No mountaineering experience is required. It is only the unusual height that poses a great challenge for the participants. If you are in a good basic condition, you can trust yourself to climb Kilimanjaro.
How well or badly the body can cope with the great height varies from person to person and has nothing to do with the level of training and fitness. Age and gender are also irrelevant. Unfortunately, the altitude tolerance cannot be tested in advance in the Alps. The mountains are too low for us.
You can contribute:
- Good basic fitness is a prerequisite.
- Walking slowly on the mountain is important. On the day of the summit it is extremely important to find the right pace. It can't be too fast, but it can't be too slow either.
- Listen to your mountain guide. He has the experience.
- Make sure you drink enough on the mountain.
- Make sure you have the right equipment.
On our treks, 95 to 100 percent of the group participants reach the summit. This success does not come by itself. We have divided the trekking so that each stage lasts 4-6 hours and overcomes a difference in altitude of 1000 meters, which corresponds to a medium-difficult day tour in the Alps. Only the last stage, the ascent to the summit and the long descent afterwards, is bigger. On the subject of altitude tolerance: At 3750 meters, we have a day of rest for good reason. With an easy hike on the 4400 meter high Kibo saddle, we acclimatise to the altitude on the rest day. The body only reacts to the altitude with a delay of 2 - 3 hours. We use this effect for ourselves on the summit day. At the top of the summit we only stay for a short time and by the time the body can adapt to the new altitude, we are already on the descent again.
The local team also contributes a lot to the success of the Kilimanjaro trek: Experienced guides, experienced porters and a good hut kitchen with a balanced diet.
All in all: All of our experience from more than 30 years of Kilimanjaro trekking is at your disposal. This gives you the best prerequisites to successfully climb the summit.
- How do you grow Adams Apple
- What happened to the parents of Neville Longbottoms
- What is Abspath in Python
- Who honored all of the Padma Awards
- How can I use Stripe in Colombia
- Is spearfishing easy
- What happened in black history in 1954
- Why do newspapers close
- How can a customer interact with Hive
- How does belly dance fit into Islam
- Can computers replace elementary school teachers
- How was your MBA experience at Harvard
- Which EU country did you visit?
- What is your rating of Suzuki Gixxer
- How do I become someone
- Sexual orientation can influence the representation of gender identity
- What is infinitely zero
- I am being hacked
- What does La Chaqueta mean in Spanish
- How can a felon get a CDL
- Drinking tea counts like water
- What are homologous pairs and alleles
- What are your tips for prospective entrepreneurs
- Why does Pixar keep making sequels