What is a virus program
As Antivirus program denotes software for preventive protection and / or active control of computer viruses.
What does an antivirus do?
The software recognizes here by a database provided by the manufacturer, malicious software and, depending on the type of software, either prevents it from reaching the PC at all or deletes the threat from the PC in the event of an attack.
In order to always be protected against the latest threats, it is advisable to keep the software constantly up to date, e.g. through an online connection.
Antivirus program: 3 different types
The manual virus scanner has to be installed by the user manual or time-controlled to be started. If the program finds malicious software, it usually issues a warning and asks the user how the malware should be handled. As this type of scanner too can be used on bootable live CDs is, it is ideal to make sure that no manipulation of the system by a virus prevents the malicious software from being found.
Online virus scanner
Online virus scanners obtain their program code and virus samples via a network (online). Unlike other virus scanners, they only work on demand, which means no continuous protection is required. Online virus scanners are therefore suitable for checking the computer for viruses, but not for active protection. In addition, the necessary online connection manipulation from outside of an infected system cannot be ruled out.
Real-time scanners are Active in the background as a system service and scan the main memory, data and programs as well as, if necessary, the HTTP and FTP traffic. To make this possible, so-called filter drivers are installed, which provide the interface between the file system and the real-time scanner.
Most real-time scanners either follow the approach of Scans on opening of files (read process), or the Scan while creating / changing of files (write process), although the second approach is used less often.
Since some file formats, as well as compressed files and the like, often only to save computing power partially or not at all are scanned, it is advisable to regularly perform manual scans of the system despite the real-time protection.
«Back to IT lexicon
- How can almond butter make you fat
- How does sound mean
- What are some environmental causes of depression
- Who invented long-term evolution
- How do teams work in Civilization 5
- Why was cloud computing invented
- Is a certification authority better than architecture
- Have you ever found the perfect wallet?
- What is the easiest data mining program
- Make 12th HSC grades really important
- Which is better ArchiCAD or AutoCAD Why
- Devices should be banned in schools
- Is it possible to put yourself in the shoes of psychopaths?
- Why is apartheid bad
- Why do some people underestimate the photography course
- Is Galgotias better or is Amity better
- Amazon is a drop shipping company
- Why are no diesel engines used in airplanes
- Is it unhealthy to eat uncooked pasta?
- Who are the homeless
- Why can't Taehyung and Jungkook go out together?
- How is the Bhilai GATE Academy doing
- Which is better Expensify or Tallie Why
- What is your rating of Mercedes CLA250
- What is the full form of IMP
- What are the strangest trees in the world
- When is Canadian Thanksgiving Day
- Can we use BYJUs on a cell phone
- Has Peru airports
- What are SFP and SFP MSA
- What are the emerging trends in testing
- What is the MRCP exam
- Is Jiren stronger than Broly