Did the Greek pharaohs use traditional Egyptian titles
Egypt's queens: when Pharaoh was a woman
Ancient Egypt is an exception. It was the only country that relied time and again on women to keep the system functioning and to save the country from strife. Especially when a crisis was imminent, it was important to secure a stable foundation in this way.
Women as pharaoh
Most of these women ruled as Egyptian god-kings in human form and by no means only in a position of power behind a man on the throne. Six of them - Meritneith, Nofrusobek, Hatshepsut, Nefertiti, Tausret and Cleopatra - rose to the highest positions and exercised significant influence as independent heads of state. They all started out as queens - as the “sexual vessel” of their king - but each became the top decision maker. Five of them served as the female pharaoh. It is true that each of these women must have possessed the dignity, skill, intelligence and intuition necessary for such an office, but it was also the Egyptian system that needed their rule and brought them to power.
Line pullers instead of chess pieces
As political pullers, the rulers were prepared to take on leadership roles. However, they were also pawns in a patriarchal system. Their power, albeit linked to positions of real and formal authority, was marked by transition. These queens were placeholders for the male rulers. It was not uncommon for the men who followed them to delete their names from the official "King Lists" drawn up by the King's Temple.
- Have you ever played the electric violin?
- What is a median number
- Does Galactus ever do heroic things
- Is belly hair normal in women
- What is your mile time
- What is the fastest baseball field
- What is Winn Dixie's voucher policy
- Why do turboprops have two control levers
- Could you describe your experiences with psychedelics
- Can you play Temple Run in space?
- How is life in Holland?
- Will Roe V Wade be visited again
- How and by whom was Avicii discovered
- What do weeaboos think of Chinese culture
- You can drink tap water in Istanbul
- Why are victimless crimes so rarely reported
- Is Death Note a good anime
- What happened to the parents of Neville Longbottoms
- Would you sell your body for money
- Who is Justine Y.
- Skyrim what is your favorite quest
- Why did trilobites become extinct
- Can I sell my own fan art?
- How has Netflix affected the entertainment industry