How is a parity bit calculated
The parity check is a simple, but very common check method, but without the possibility of correction. The parity bit - i.e. a check digit - is calculated for each byte and transmitted together with the byte. Since nine bits per byte are transmitted, the sender and receiver not only have to agree beforehand whether but also which parity check - even or odd - should be carried out.
- Even parity
- A byte has to be supplemented by a ninth bit in such a way that an even number of bits is 1 of all nine bits.
Calculation by forming the cross sum using modulo 2 or by combining the individual bits.
- Odd parity
- A ninth bit must be added to a byte in such a way that an odd number of bits is 1 out of all nine bits.
The odd parity is obtained by inverting even parity (here: 010000011)
The disadvantage of the parity check is its low error detection rate. For example, byte 01010101 also results in even parity 0. Due to two errors, the A (01000001) has become a U (01010101) without this being able to be determined from the parity.
In general terms, this means that an even number of errors cancel each other out and only an odd number of errors changes the parity.
A little acknowledgment on pure volunteer Basis is always welcome.
This page was called up by the visitor on at o'clock from a computer with the TCP / IP address with the browser ID coming from the domain. The last website visited was transmitted.
- Who thinks hurricanes are interesting
- What are the industries of engineering
- How has the banking system developed
- The great pyramids were buried in the sand
- How much fossil fuel is used
- How can you get infected with HIV
- Career opportunities after mechanical engineering
- Dedicated employees perform better
- In what songs did Michael Jackson lean
- What happens when we understand our thoughts
- Do NAUI tests expire after a certain point
- What's going on in Mexico City
- How to pick cucumbers quickly
- Is BIT Mesra better than IEM Kolkata
- How do you topple anarchists
- Can you define beauty in two words
- Which technology is used for an FPGA
- Can you drive a drunk Tesla
- What is 10 3 1
- How is the Produnova carried out
- Is there a sustainable business in internet marketing
- What is the hybridization of CH4
- What valuable skill is easy to master
- How many jumps are allowed in football?