What are the properties of aluminum profiles
What is aluminum
Aluminum is a chemical elementwhich for Boron group and to the Light metals belongs. It is abbreviated to Al in the periodic table and is considered ignoble. In the United States, as well as in Canadian English, the name is Aluminum common as another variant.
Aluminum: occurrence, origin and history
Where can you find aluminum? Aluminum is the most common metal and the third most common element found in the earth's crust. Aluminum is considered to be young metal. First attempts to portray it correctly were only made 1808 undertaken by the English chemist Humphry Davy, who ultimately gave the chemical element its name. But only 17 years later 1825, the Dane Hans Christian Ørsted succeeded in correctly representing aluminum. For a while, aluminum was even more expensive than gold. As, however, in the year 1846 an improved method was found to extract the light metal, the price of aluminum fell sharply. at the end of the 19th century aluminum was used to build metal ships. today it is used in many different areas.
Aluminum: appearance and properties
What are the properties of aluminum? Properties of aluminum include that it matt and silver-colored is. The surface, however, is actually shiny silver-white. However, since aluminum reacts with oxygen, a thin aluminum oxide layer is created. This then ensures the matt appearance. Another aluminum property is that it is too soft and tough metals belongs. Like silver, copper, and gold, it has a high Thermal conductivity.
The use of aluminum is inter alia. found in the following areas:
- Automotive industry
- Electrical engineering
- Electronics industry
- Packaging industry
- Civil engineering
- Optics and lighting technology
- Furniture industry
Aluminum is in the Aerospace, as well as in the Automotive industry because of his specific strength at the same time low volume, very popular. So it is mainly used where a low mass is important. In the Electrical engineering and in the Electronics industry aluminum is often used because of its good electrical and thermal conductivity used. In everyday life we find aluminum most often in canning or beverage cans, kitchen appliances or as aluminum foil. It is characterized by its Barrier effect against light, oxygen and other influences. For example, it can be used to protect food.
In civil engineering, aluminum paste or aluminum powder is used for aerated concrete. In the area Optics and lighting technology Aluminum is used to coat mirrors in motor vehicles, scanners and single-lens reflex cameras. But also in the Furniture industry aluminum is used. It is used, for example, on the headboard or footboard of a bed, and it is very effective noble.
Furniture made of aluminum and beds can be found here. Do you need more information about materials? Then take a look at our lexicon or magazine under metal.
- Who is more beautiful for me or my mother
- Is juice in leaves and wood
- Why can't humans digest most plants properly?
- How would you describe the longing for someone
- There is a group for Android developers
- What are day traders tired to explain
- Who was John Fitzgerald Kennedy
- How do you turn problems into solutions
- Why do people visit Temple 1
- In which kingdom would bacteria be classified?
- Would you hire Sarah Huckabee Sanders?
- What is the coat depth
- Which is the most watched Marvel movie
- Why is the water foam white
- What is the most interesting biological problem
- Will Avicii upload its Coldplay Atlas Remix
- How do I clean a water cooler
- Evidence may be open to interpretation
- Why do cats like to bite cardboard
- Android has a Siri equivalent
- What are the primary ESA laws
- Know what acupuncture meridian is
- What does a behavioral optician do
- Can you decipher ogdo