What are the top Korean car brands
The 5 largest companies in South Korea
South Korea is considered to be one of the richest nations in Asia. In the 1960s in particular, the Asian country achieved economic growth after the government there implemented a liberal economic policy.
With stable growth rates, low inflation rates and a gross domestic product (GDP) of over US $ 1.32 trillion, South Korea is one of the leading tiger states in Asia today.
The economic rise of the small country (50 million inhabitants) also has a side effect. The 60 largest corporations in the country (Korean chaebol) generate around two thirds of the total gross domestic product.
The influence of the large corporations in South Korea is correspondingly great. Reason to take a closer look at the top 5 largest companies in South Korea.
5.Hyundai Mobis (market value: € 21.1 billion)
Hyundai Mobis is one of the top 10 leading automotive suppliers in the world. The company, based in capital Seoul, was originally founded in 1977 as Hyundai Precision & Industries Corporation.
In 2000, the name was changed to Hyundai Mobis, with the company acting de facto as the parts and service arm of the two Korean car manufacturers Hyundai Motor and Kia Motors.
4. Korea Electric Power (market value: US $ 27 billion)
The state-owned energy supply company in South Korea is the Korea Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO for short). The company goes back to the individual Korean energy suppliers Chosun, Kyungsung and Namsun, which merged in 1961 to form the Korea Electric Company, and has been completely nationalized since 1982.
KEPCO is listed on the Korean share index KOSPI, which was launched a year later. With a market value of US $ 27 billion, it is the third largest and most successful Koranic company.
3. SK Hynix (market value: € 30 billion)
Icheon-based SK Hynix is the world's second largest memory chip maker behind Samsung Electronics. The company was originally founded as Hyundai Electronic Industrial Co and was later active in the market under Hyundai Electronics.
In 2001 the name was changed to Hynix Semiconductor. When the telecommunications group SK Telecom entered Hynix Semiconductor for € 2.2 billion, the name was changed to SK Hynix in 2012.
2.Hyundai Motor (market value: US $ 32.9 billion)
Hardly any other car manufacturer has been able to increase its sales figures as rapidly as Hyundai Motor in recent years. With this, Hyundai Motor advanced from an outsider to a match winner.
Together with Kia Motors, the two companies form the Hyundai Motor Group, which is currently one of the top 5 of the world's largest automakers. Thanks to high demand in emerging countries, Hyundai / Kia together sell around 8 million vehicles a year.
1. Samsung Electronics (market value: $ 199.4 billion)
Samsung Electronics, founded in 1969, is the flagship of the South Korean economy and has dominated the top 5 largest companies in South Korea for years.
The company is not only one of the largest electronics groups in the world, but is also time and again the largest or second largest manufacturer of smartphones and memory chips in the world. Competitor Apple does not give up. In any case, Samsung is still considered to be the world's largest manufacturer of LCD televisions.
Hyundai: Apple and fuel cell production in China The South Korean car maker Hyundai could build the Apple car and is expanding the hydrogen business in China. > read more
- How do I start building a portfolio
- How can I make knee pain
- Which city is better Lucknow or Jodhpur
- Did your parents teach you to love yourself?
- Abandoned houses are always haunted
- What are included in cardio exercises
- What are some unique chord progressions
- What are some White House telephones
- What is a good sex chat room
- What is 2 meters long
- What is your healthy dinner schedule
- How can we properly target Facebook ads
- Which sweets start with the letter f
- Is homosexuality an adaptation
- Can a notary translate a document
- Are you for socialism
- What is the Italian word for inutile
- Do brain preparations work
- Is it hot to wear a hijab?
- Everyone has access for private jet
- Does ITP have a homeopathic cure
- What is Heliosphaere
- What is the market size of mine trains
- Are barley grass preparations worth it?