What are some medically unexplained symptoms
Unclear physical complaints (functional body complaints)
The symptoms often improve within a few weeks, even without treatment. That is why doctors are initially reluctant to give treatments. In the case of minor complaints, they often only give tips on how to deal with the complaints in everyday life.
It is recommended
- to be physically active
- continue to participate in social life, meet friends and pursue hobbies,
- Recognizing overload and avoiding it if possible, resolving conflicts and rethinking how to deal with stress,
- to observe what helps to alleviate discomfort,
- Eating a healthy lifestyle and getting enough sleep, for example.
In certain situations, medication can also be an option. They come into question, for example, in the event of pain or gastrointestinal complaints - but usually only for a short time.
Sometimes the symptoms last longer or affect several organs and become a severe burden. Then psychotherapeutic support can be useful. Other approaches are also possible in certain situations. These include, for example, physiotherapy, nutritional advice and. There is also the opportunity to try relaxation techniques or mindfulness training to cope better with stress.
Basically: It is more helpful to be active yourself than to concentrate on “passive” measures. The latter include, for example, massages: They are only recommended temporarily, if at all, and in addition to other methods. It makes more sense to look for activities that have a more lasting effect. This can be achieved, for example, with more exercise and stress management. Perhaps this will take some effort and a little patience, but many get used to it quickly and feel better as a result. Sports activities should not be overwhelming, but above all be fun and offer positive experiences.
Patience is often required, especially with persistent and stressful complaints. That's why it's often better to set small goals. Above all, it can make sense to work towards leading an active life despite the symptoms - that is, staying active, distracting yourself and initially only expecting the symptoms to subside a little.
Main contact persons for the treatment of functional physical complaints are general practitioners. Many have the additional qualification “basic psychosomatic care”. This additional qualification provides training for dealing with patients with persistent complaints. If necessary, they coordinate the treatment with specialist practices or clinics.
- How to make a birthday movie
- Which tribe celebrates the most in Nigeria
- How do lighting control systems work
- What are some new medical technologies
- Is there still bullying at the university?
- Does the whistling affect the pitch of your chest
- What desks are used by Facebook employees
- What is the benefit of Lavender Essential Oil
- How is the telecommunications spectrum auctioned
- Women beat their husbands too
- How does Metasploit make money
- How can short sellers improve our economy
- How do pharmacies dispose of medication
- What is aphelion
- Are Muslims oppressed in Indonesia?
- What is society trying to achieve
- What is your favorite sports arena
- What is Petersburg
- How much physical activity is too much
- How do you change your version of Android
- How much do RC engines cost
- What font is used in these numbers
- What is anode failure
- US military accepts immigrants