What are some good uses for Firebase
Firebase: More important for Android than you might think, but not everything depends on Google
Firebase may not be a very well-known term among users, but the functions offered by Firebase are definitely important for Android devices. Various functions of some Android apps depend on this, which in turn will not work without Google services. This is why you can, for example, install and possibly use some well-known apps on new Huawei smartphones, but not to the full extent.
Android without Google is a joke I can't laugh at
Firebase has been in Google's hands for six years
Now Google reveals in detail which Firebase functions can do without Google services. Firebase Cloud Messaging, one of the main libraries, is known to rely on Google services. Now the question arises whether, thanks to this list, developers of apps could not even deliberately do without libraries that absolutely need the Google services in order to rely on detached alternatives for Huawei, for example?
“Some Firebase Android SDKs depend on Google Play services. This means that they will only run on devices and emulators with Google Play services installed. These Firebase SDKs communicate with the Google Play Services background service on the device to provide a safe, up-to-date, and simple API to your app. On certain Android devices, such as B. Amazon Kindle Fire devices or devices sold in some regions do not have Google Play services installed. "
Since Google didn't really care much about Amazon either, the Firebase libraries should not be loosening the fixed link with Google services because of Huawei. This is another reason why Huawei is continuing to expand its own mobile services for its own devices. A difficult undertaking, because the app developers absolutely have to play along with this. Over 1.5 million apps actively rely on Firebase solutions, which are therefore partly dependent on Google.
Founder and acting boss of SmartDroid.de, blogs here and only here since 2008. All inquiries to me, in the comments or via the linked networks. More from Denny Fischer
- Why are the Pakistanis attacking India
- Why is the desire to learn important
- Karl Marx was crazy
- Are aquatic plants preceded by land plants
- Who are the pirates
- Are people killer apes
- What is the latent heat of vaporization
- Do narcissistic parents ever feel guilty?
- Are guinea pigs and hamsters closely related
- How is Honda Navi
- In which Indian state is GST abandoned?
- What's next after IBM Watson
- How will the petroleum technology be in RGIPT
- Do I actually need a credit score
- Scientologists are told what to think
- How much can you win at blackjack
- Can breed 2 female rabbits
- Which view of the world impressed you the most and why
- What is meant by 4f in c
- Is Vashikaran true
- How dwarves drive cars
- Who committed espionage in America
- What is a Turing machine
- What happens if I squat every day