How much antiperspirant to use
Antiperspirant - the effective protection against excessive sweating
Discover our regional and seasonal recipe ideas.
All topics related to cooking, baking, inviting and enjoying at a glance.
Find out what you should consider for a balanced and conscious diet.
From A for artichoke to Z for pikeperch - find out everything about our great love of food.
Maximum sweat protection: An antiperspirant keeps you dry even on hot days or during great physical exertion. But how does the product work and what should be considered when using it? We explain everything worth knowing.
These are antiperspirants
While an ordinary deodorant with active ingredients such as fragrance oils or alcohol only reduces the smell of underarm wetness, an antiperspirant reduces the flow of sweat. How it works? Antiperspirants contain aluminum salts that narrow sweat pores. As a result, less sweat or no sweat at all penetrates the surface of the skin at the treated areas. This will prevent excessive sweating and also reduce any odors. They only arise when sweat that has leaked out is broken down by bacteria in the air.
An antiperspirant works fundamentally differently than a classic deodorant. Antiperspirants without aluminum do not yet exist today. Good to know: Depending on the product, antiperspirants not only work under the armpits. There are also antiperspirants for the face, foot antiperspirants and hand antiperspirants. In short: This helper works in all places where you sweat a lot.
Sounds too good to be true? Unfortunately, aluminum salts irritate sensitive or dry skin quickly and can provoke itching and redness.
Tips for using antiperspirants
Whether spray, cream or roll-on: Antiperspirant deodorants as well as aluminum-free deodorants are available in many forms. The use of antiperspirants has its own guidelines. So you shouldn't apply the product in the morning after showering, but ideally in the evening. Because: The sweat glands are less active at this time of the day. This allows the aluminum salt to take effect overnight.
In addition, use the product only on dry and intact skin. So after shaving, wait at least 24 hours before applying your antiperspirant. It is also advisable not to use the welding protection every day. In this way, you also minimize the potential health risk that aluminum salts have been suspected over and over again. A risk that has not yet been adequately proven scientifically.
If you're looking for an alternative, try our guide to homemade spray and roll deodorant.
Discover new offers, recipe inspiration and competitions in our EDEKA newsletters every week.
You have activated an ad blocker in your browser. In order to be able to use this website to its full functionality, we recommend that you deactivate the AdBlocker.
- Which mass winner is good for your health
- Who is telling the hobbit's unabridged audio book?
- Why is Ola Share Ride prepaid
- Can someone help me register WeChat
- Who likes the show Futurama
- Is the iPhone 7 overrated
- Marathas will receive a reservation in IITs
- What is a money fund
- How does someone start a startup
- How does artificial intelligence affect Indian jobs?
- Who was the first President of Romania
- What were the earliest rides in the world
- What is communication about?
- Why does inequality persist in America?
- What does a blood pressure monitor measure
- What can I do with Muscadine grapes
- What are the downsides to using WhatsApp
- Is Syria a better country than Australia
- Which debt fund is the best
- Who is the owner of LegalZoom
- What is Avicii's best album
- What are the Hindu beliefs about creationism
- Is democracy a form of Nash equilibrium
- How religious are the people in the USA