Can there be a science in Ayurveda?
Ayurveda today: why the ancient science of life is so relevant
A basic principle in Ayurveda are the five elements ether, air, water, fire and earth, which shape our nature, our earth and us. Each element is assigned special properties that we all need in their entirety. Ayurvedic teachings derive three bio-energies or basic constitutions from these elements, namely the doshas Vata, Pitta and Kapha, which represent the three basic principles of movement, change and stability: Vata reflects our principle of movement and dynamics, Pitta stands for our metabolism and Transformation principle and Kapha for our structure and stability principle.
The aim of Ayurvedic lifestyle is to balance the three doshas, whereby most people have a dominant dosha or a dominant constellation of two doshas, which essentially determine the person, the preferences, the temperament and the ideal diet. Ayurveda sees the fact that we are all unique because the three doshas appear in slightly different constellations and forms in each of us, which ultimately makes us the individuals we are.
And that's exactly what the Ayurvedic way of life goes into: it sees the unique characteristics of each individual and works with them both curatively and preventively. Ayurveda uses nature as medicine and creates the prerequisites for maintaining or restoring health with the help of food, spices, medicinal herbs, applications, body work and associated rituals.
In Ayurveda, illness is a condition in which there are imbalances in the organism, in the doshas. It is important to compensate for this, because in Ayurvedic being healthy means to live in harmony with nature and to have achieved a Dosha balance that corresponds to the individual constitution.
- How do you take part in the Olympics
- Is school life interesting
- What is abandonment
- Are you good at drinking water
- What's your way of killing boredom
- What is the bee and flower relationship
- Have you ever used a penis pump
- What was the strongest currency in 2015
- What if people stare at you
- What is the serial number
- What's the appeal of Maisie Williams
- How much is Erica Dixon worth in 2015
- What defines road legally for a motorcycle
- People actually like beef steaks
- How can I learn Computer Aided Design
- How is litmus paper made
- People like cashback apps
- What is the perfect kiss
- Why is Sword Art Online so short
- Why are personal fitness trainers so expensive
- How is an INFJ friend
- Why do you like the high life
- What are the best exercise routines
- Have you ever been to Ohio