What happens when we enter a password
How to use Account Recovery if you can't reset your Apple ID password
If you use two-factor authentication and cannot log in with your Apple ID or reset your password, you will be given access to your account again after waiting for account recovery.
How does account recovery work?
Account recovery is a process that allows you to regain access to your Apple ID account if you don't have enough information to reset your password. For security reasons, it may take a few days or more before you can use your account again. We understand this delay is an inconvenience, but it is important to keep your account and data safe.
Try to reset your password before starting the account recovery wait. Learn how to reset your Apple ID password on a trusted device or through the Apple Suport app on a family member's iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. You can also go to an Apple Store and ask for a device to be used on their premises.
You should only use account recovery if you've tried all other options and still can't log in or reset your Apple ID password.
After you've started your account recovery process
After you have requested the account recovery, you will receive a confirmation email for your request including an indication of the time from which you will probably have access to your account again.
- If you submitted your account recovery request to iforgot.apple.com through your device's browser, you should avoid using that device during this period. Account recovery may be canceled using this device.
- To avoid delays, turn off other devices signed in with your Apple ID until the account recovery process is complete.
As soon as the waiting period is over, you will receive a text message or an automatic phone call from Apple with instructions on how to regain access to your account. Follow the instructions to regain access to your Apple ID immediately.
In some cases, you may be able to speed up the account recovery process or reset your password immediately by entering a six-digit verification code sent to your primary email address. You may also be able to shorten the waiting time by providing credit card details to confirm your identity. If you see this option, an authorization request is sent to the card issuer. *
Check the status of your request
You can always see how long it takes for your account to be ready for restoration or when more information is available. Go to iforgot.apple.com and enter your Apple ID.
Cancel your request
- If you remember your information and are able to log in successfully, your waiting time will automatically end and you can use your Apple ID immediately.
- Follow the instructions in your confirmation email to cancel a recovery request that has not been made.
* Apple Pay cannot be used as a credit card. If you're asked to re-enter your security information even though you've entered your credit card information correctly, contact the card issuer. The card issuer may have declined your authorization attempts.
- Attorney General Barr resigned
- Why choose music versus science
- How do you like your pasta?
- What can Pakistan learn economically from India?
- What are your only moments at MIT
- What is the full form of CSD
- There are 50 scholarships in the Pearl Academy
- Which means try to play nicely
- Where can I exchange ETC for ETH?
- How hot is curry powder
- How effective is the People's Liberation Army
- Why did you buy your Tesla
- What are some examples of idiomatic poems
- Which Big B movie is your favorite
- What is the full form of CSD
- Would Amazon YouTube survive without net neutrality
- How does Pinterest handle duplicate images
- Why does sugar make my eyes red
- How can I build a stucco fence
- Can sound be quantized Why
- What are the strengths of psychoanalytic theory
- Can lightning cause a volcano to erupt?
- How fit are fallen runners
- Are sump pumps necessary