What is gabar gas

HPG: Turkish army uses chemical gas in Gabar

As the HPG press and communication center announced, the Turkish army used chemical gas in an operation on Mount Gabar, in which a guerrilla fighter was killed.

EDITORIAL STAFF - The People's Defense Forces Press and Communication Center (HPG) issued a written statement on the fighting in Gabar, Agirî and Silopi.

According to the HPG statement, on February 23, the Turkish army launched a military operation in the Çiyayê Bizina area on Mount Gabar in the Şirnex (Şirnak) province. Fierce fighting broke out in which the Turkish army used chemical gas, according to the HPG. At least six soldiers were killed in the course of the fighting. A guerrilla fighter was also killed.

The statement goes on to say:

“The fighting lasted until 4:00 a.m. on February 24th. Our guerrillas fought selflessly against the enemy soldiers and dealt hard blows to the operational units. At least three enemy soldiers were killed. Our friend Gelhat, who selflessly fought against the occupiers, fell in the process.

The Turkish occupying army finally had to withdraw. On the same day, our forces carried out an action against the operational units near the village of Mehdin. Three enemy soldiers were killed in the process. On February 25, the operations forces withdrew completely from the area. "

The fallen guerrilla fighter is Gelhat Gabar (Agit Yilmaz).


Code name: Gelhat Gabar

First and last name: Agit Yilmaz

Place of Birth: Şirnex

Names of mother and father: Gurbet - Hasan

Date and place of death: February 24, 2018 / Şirnex



The HPG press center reports on the fallen guerrilla fighter:

“Our friend Gelhat Gabar was born in Şirnex and grew up in the patriotic population of Botan. He was aware of the reality of the enemy and went to the free mountains of Kurdistan to actively fight against the genocide and assimilation-oriented politics of the fascist Turkish state. "

Battles in Agirî and Silopi

The HPG press center explains about the battles in Agirî and Silopi:

“On February 28, our forces observed a covert unit of the Turkish army in the Kirê Hallac area in Bazid (Doğubeyazit) in the province of Agirî (Ağrı). Around 3:30 p.m. this unit was attacked from two sides from a short distance. Four soldiers were killed in the process. The occupiers then shot at the area with mortars and grenades.

At 4:45 p.m. on February 26, an action was carried out against the Kiryareş base in Silopi in the Şirnex province. The positions and buildings on the base were effectively hit, the number of killed and wounded soldiers could not be determined. "