Is relaxation good for your dog?
3 tips for a more relaxed dog:
For a harmonious life with your dog is Relaxation very important. Because relaxation lowers that Arousal level of your dog. Why does it matter? Because Fear, aggression and Hunting behaviorthe faster and more intense appear, the more higher the arousal level is. With the help of Relaxation can you the emotional response your dog's environmental stimuli and his behavior influence. Sounds good?
Has relaxation preventive Effect, but can also have occurred undesirable behavior reduceto prevent. That is why relaxation plays a role in all dogs, vom Puppies until "Problem dog ", a major role.
Of course, your dog cannot and should not relax 24/7. Each activity go with excitement along and that's a good thing. Movement, exploratory behavior and all those things that are great fun (e.g. playing, rushing the ball, searching tasks) are associated with arousal.
Besides, it is individually and Form of the day depending on how fast and how strong a dog is excitable. Health, stressors, conflicts and frustration all play a role.
In addition to activity phases, your dog needs enough Rest periods. An adult, healthy dog needs approx. 18 to 20 hoursin which he dozes or sleeps. Puppies, seniors, and sick dogs tend to be more. In these resting phases, your dog processes what it has experienced and recharges its battery. That is the Basic requirement for a relaxed togetherness!
Build one for your dog Relaxation zone to his taste. Combine this place with many pleasant and relaxing events (e.g. cuddling, foraging, chewing and licking activities). Praise your dog when he retires there and don't disturb him there.
To relax their bodies, dogs turn to concrete Strategies at. Are typical stretch, stretch and shake. Watch your dog! Which behaviors does he use in (or after) demanding situations? Does he shake e.g. after an unpleasant dog encounter?
From now on you can behave like "shake off stress" amplify. You can a Word signal in order to directly help your dog to feel better after difficult situations in the future.
stretch and stretch you can also stimulate by treats sticking in the bark of a tree. That also has a great effect Neck relaxation. You can encourage this by teaching your dog to respond to the signal on the floor with his chin ("Down") Or in your hand ("Chin target").
With the help of direct relaxation you can help your dog again after active, excited to negatively stressful phases shut down and relax. You do that by means of Caressing or Massage (also with a soft brush). Because the pleasant touch of the skin causes the hormone Oxytocinresponsible for social bonding and relaxation. So you can Stress symptoms dismantle, fears reduce and closeness or interaction with you, the Attachment partner, produce!
How should you touch your dog?
This is individually differently. Find out by trying out which touches in which places on your dog within less minutes to a relaxed State lead.
What does a relaxed state of your dog look like?
Watch your dog when he relaxes on his own. What does he look like? Is it in Lateral position? Is he on move? Has he stretched all fours? How does his facial expressions out? Memorize this state; he is your target.
What you have to consider:
- Always start at the same place in fact front on your dog (e.g .: on the shoulder;
- Straighten yourself laterally to your dog (not frontal!), stare him Not come on and set a good example and just relax;
- Use no signals such as "seat", "place", "ceiling" or similar. Your dog should not work, but relax;
- Relaxation is a process of not forced can be;
- Only touch your dog where he can likethat him not activate or pain.
As soon as you know how your dog looks relaxed and how you can bring him into this state with your touch, you shift your relaxation training step by step different places and practice in different situations. Different places initially mean different rooms in your home. Just because your touch works wonderfully on the sofa, it doesn't have to look like this behind the front door, dressed and on a leash. You know what I mean! Also practice during the Walk or after one game.
The workout outside and with increasing level of arousal is important. Because the change between activation and relaxation will get your dog in exciting situations more responsive make for you!
In relaxation training you always have to emotion keep an eye on your dog. Because so relievingRelaxation after one threatening Event (e.g .: encounter with public enemy No. 1) is so frustrating can relax after a "high-like" event like this beloved Be ball game. Here and there is relaxation training makes sense and effective!
The more difficult it is for your dog to relax, the more important relaxation training is for you.
- Doctors pay income tax
- Will oil prices go up in 2020?
- Your smartphone makes money for you
- Why is honey bad for infants
- What inspired the American culture of black thugs
- Does a stroke affect perception?
- Arrogance is always a sign of weakness
- Why do you love the Middle East
- Should America get rid of the police
- Bronfenbrenner is a German family name
- Is your browser secure against tracking?
- What does the term British refer to
- Who will play the first IPL match
- What happens when music is remastered
- Linen is a good choice for curtains
- Will Vietnam collapse in the near future
- Who was the first President of Romania
- How is the night life in Omaha NE
- How do you like your pasta?
- Should I consider CS at Chandigarh University
- How can people love God
- What are the best books on journalism
- What are natural flavors
- Is WinZip sure why or why not
- What is WordPress and CodeIgnitor
- What are the best courses on edX
- Who sang Hey Nineteen
- How much is 24 carats worth
- What are the positive effects of drawing?
- What is advanced sharing in Windows
- How are nylon guitar strings made
- Claps an addiction
- What are some medically unexplained symptoms
- What is the science of fraud