Why are computers and mobile devices different
A triumphant advance of mobile devices is emerging in the digital workplace. Other changes primarily affect a modern organizational culture.
The digitization of the workplace has far-reaching effects on companies in Germany - this applies to the technical equipment as well as to the internal organizational culture. That is the central result of a joint study by Samsung and the IT analysis company Crisp Research from Kassel.
Against the background of an increasingly open and mobile economy, only those companies will be successful in the future that can react quickly to changes.
20 percent of the companies surveyed in Germany recognized this trend at an early stage and have already largely made the switch to a modern organizational culture. The majority of companies (47 percent), on the other hand, are still in the transition to an agile and interactive corporate culture.
But even without an appropriate technological architecture, the digital workplace cannot be successful. More than 50 percent of companies are currently increasing their budgets for the realignment of mobile devices, the application landscape and the cloud infrastructure.
Nevertheless, the triumphant advance of mobile end devices is emerging: the smartphone is already standard in 71 percent of companies and will be the end device of choice in the future with 78 percent. When it comes to tablets, 46 percent of decision-makers agree that it will be elementary for the digital workplace in the future.
If the IT decision-makers surveyed have their way, mobile devices will overall win the battle against the desktop PC. While the desktop PC and a notebook are still about equally in use today (PC 77 percent, notebook 74 percent), 72 percent of those surveyed believe that the notebook will survive as a high-performance device in the long term thanks to its mobility.
50 percent of those surveyed are of the opinion that the PC will be replaced in the long term by mobile devices, for example premium tablets, especially for employees who work on the move.
The study also predicts increasing relevance - albeit at a lower level - for new device types such as augmented or mixed reality glasses (with an increase from 6 to 13 percent), wearables (7 to 13 percent), digital whiteboards and flipcharts (11 to 16 percent) or special video walls (9 to 14 percent).
In addition, the 309 IT and business decision-makers surveyed from companies in various industries and size classes stated:
- Only 40 percent of those surveyed currently see themselves in a position to keep up with technological progress, 25 percent take responsibility, 35 percent have significant difficulties
- 75 percent of the companies accept the cultural change as a key success factor and are already changing to an agile and decentralized organization with flatter hierarchies
- 50 percent of companies are increasing budgets for realigning mobile devices, the application landscape and the cloud infrastructure
More facts and figures from the study in the following infographic - click twice to enlarge:
Source: Crisp Research / Samsung
Social collaboration: Digital forms of collaboration are ahead for the first time
What is that ?! Now the digital workplace can be rented from the cloud
Digital workplace: 9 out of 10 CIOs expect sales to increase by 5 percent in 3 years
Digital workplace: half of the companies with new revenues and more IT security
- Opportunities for SAP Basis Consultants in New Zealand
- When does the hunger become original?
- What is the medicine for snakebite
- Why is tolerance required in manufacturing technology
- Brainwash government agencies
- What bone is the laughing bone called?
- What are the benefits of botox treatment
- Are Office 365 emails encrypted?
- What mental habits have made you successful?
- What is life in a BPO
- Where can I use Mobikwik SuperCash
- What kind of faction is 4 4
- Why are Arabs so racist
- There are covers for down comforters
- Cyber security is a lost hope
- How do you compose a piano piece
- How can I learn tennis when I am 28?
- What are Wonder Womans bracelets made of
- Are cryptocurrencies the future global currency system?
- What is perceptual perception
- Corrosion can occur in non-metallic materials
- Who is Justine Y.
- Why are ADHD drugs prescribed for impulsivity?
- Do sun signs really reflect a person's personality