What is a penthouse
Part of speech: noun, (neuter)Remarks:
- The meaning in German is limited to extensions on house roofs and their usually very exclusive character.
- Pent | house, Plural: Pent | hou | ses
- IPA: [ˈPɛnthaʊ̯s]
- 1) Architecture: a single-storey, self-contained residential building on the roof of a high-rise building
- attested since the 20th century; Borrowed from Englishpenthouse, this is derived from the Middle English forms pentice,pentis "Small cultivation", which in turn comes from the Old Frenchapentis "Appendix" comes from; this in turn is in Latinappendicium back, which is a denominative of appendix (-icis)(Female) is and in turn from the verbappendere “Hang on to something, weigh in”; The latter is made up of the Latin verb pendere “Weigh, weigh” and the Latin prefixad- together; The current English form results in a folk etymological connection of the Middle English word to Frenchpension "Sloping" (because these additions only had a single pitched roof)
- 1) Swiss:Attic, attic apartment; see also: German / residential building
- 1) When is the viewing appointment for the penthouse?
- 1) “When the house in which she had recently lived was scaffolded less than three months after their marriage, Mây stood in disbelief in front of the large poster that was a penthouse in the attic and announced it for sale at an unimaginable amount. "
- 1) “The woman lived in penthouse on the outskirts."
- Nominative: singular penthouse; Plural Penthouses
- Genitive: singular Penthouses; Plural Penthouses
- Dative: singular penthouse; Plural Penthouses
- Accusative: singular penthouse; Plural Penthouses
- English: 1) penthouse
- French: 1) attique (male), penthouse (male)
- Swedish: 1) takvåning
Similar words (German):Penthouse
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„The actress sells her penthouse in Manhattan - by more than double the purchase price.“
Today.at, August 22, 2018
„You want to get Neustadt moving: Balneon, Kressler dance school and penthouse Bar plan cooperations in offers and events in order to give customers mutual benefits.“
Hannoversche Allgemeine Zeitung, October 5th, 2018
„The Sapphire Super penthouse by Daniel Libeskind on Chausseestrasse in Mitte is being offered at a record price of almost four million euros.“
Berliner Morgenpost, May 8, 2019
„Potentate swank, double-decker sofas and cuckoo clocks in the Bauhaus look. The world's largest design fair in Milan shows how we can live tomorrow - whether in the penthouse or in the small room apartment.“
Spiegel Online, April 15, 2019
„For a penthouse the manager has deposited $ 238 million in Central Park. Despite the high sum: It benefits from relatively weak property prices.“
Handelsblatt.com, January 24, 2019
„It's close to the club early on Saturday morning penthouse had an accident in Stuttgart.“
Day 24, February 15, 2020
„In the residential park with its 3,100 subsidized apartments, the 'tenancy law' is for a penthouse offered.“
derStandard.at, June 22, 2020
„Musical world star Ute Lemper (56) experiences the virus hell in the middle of New York. She lives in one penthouse on the Upper West Side.“
BILD.de, April 22, 2020
„The most expensive attic apartment in the New York borough of Brooklyn (USA) has a new owner. The penthouse comes with a private elevator to the 30th floor.“
Blick Online, April 17, 2020
„Warm colors, dignified luxury, a penthouse with a view of the sea, this is what 'beautiful living with Altro Mondo' looks like.“
NWZ Online, December 05, 2019
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Thesaurus & Synonyms
- Attic apartment (Switzerland)
- Penthouse (obsolete): alternative spelling of penthouse
- Penthouse apartment
Another word (synonym) for penthouse - Source: OpenThesaurus
Entries from our dictionary containing "penthouse":
Terrace apartment: ... Units will have 62 square meters. "1)" Should it be an apartment, a penthouse or a terrace apartment? "1)" Two almost identical apartments, one of which ...
Penthouse:… Plural: [ˈpɛntˌhɔɪ̯zɐ] Word meaning / definition: 1) alternative spelling of penthouse application examples: 1) “The penthouse is characterized by the fact that it ...
Simple apartment: "Today, Hans-Peter Knackstedt was able to add, the district residential building offers different standards from the simple apartment to the penthouse," And that at the well-known above-average district residential building level. ""
Penthouses:… IPA: [ˈpɛntˌhaʊ̯səs] Grammatical features: Genitive singular of the noun Penthouse Nominative plural of the noun Penthouse Genitive plural of the noun Penthouse…
Thesaurus: residential building: ... Emergency housing Homeless shelter Homeless shelter Upper floor Ground floor Pawlatschen Penthouse Pile building Post house Prefabricated building Qarmaq Quinzhee Ranch-style House ...
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Penthouse" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (May 24th, 2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Penthouse/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. Add a note to the entry "Penthouse". You can add application examples or hints to the use of the term "Penthouse". This helps to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Penthouses (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Pent | hou | ses Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈpɛntˌhaʊ̯səs]…
Penthouses (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Pent | häu | ser Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Penthouses (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Pent | häu | sern Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Pentin (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular das Pentin; Plural - genitive: singular of ...
Pentines (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Pen | ti | ne Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [pɛnˈtiːnə]…
Pentines (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Pen | ti | nen Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [pɛnˈtiːnən]…
Pentins (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Pen | tins Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [pɛnˈtiːns]…
Pentrer (German) Part of speech: Noun, (male) Cases: Nominative: Einzahl der Pentrer; Plural the Pentrer genitive: ...
Pentrern (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Pent | rern Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈpɛntʁɐn]…
Pentrers (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Pent | rers Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈpɛntʁɐs]…
Penumbra (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular penumbra; Plural penumbren genitive: singular ...
Penumbren (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Pe | n | um | b | ren Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [peˈnʊmbʁən],…
- How would Batman defeat Aquaman
- What did you learn from PUBG
- What creatures existed before the dinosaurs
- Do you drink wine on Halloween
- Where can you buy a movie projector
- Facebook monitors my browsing history
- How do I save stories on Facebook
- How does oxygen bind to hemoglobin
- What are your personal thoughts on immortality
- What is the need for weight loss
- Is the use of plastic in kitchens harmful?
- When did you start chasing happiness?
- There are covers for down comforters
- Who operates the internet backbone
- How do you say beautiful in French?
- Did Hinduism originate in Russia?
- Why is Daryl so loyal to Rick
- Why my headache when I'm shaking
- How would you define a SaaS company
- How to distinguish existentialism from depression
- Is a nervous disease difficult to cure
- Why did you choose iOS development?
- Are snails insects
- Who Are Some Famous Sandy Hook Truths
- Which sport can use up more calories
- What is original
- Do narcissists have a favorite victim
- How can an affidavit be drawn up?
- What do you dislike about Judaism?
- Is MIT more prestigious than Yale
- Which artist sings the song Morning Train
- How are US colleges and universities financed
- How long does a typical Codecademy class last?