Rusts salt water in aluminum
Aluminum alloys for shipbuilding
Pure aluminum is already extremely resistant to corrosion, but it is used relatively rarely in industry. This is often due to the fact that the required end products have to be machined - and pure aluminum is not suitable for this. Therefore, other metals have to be alloyed to both enable machining and maintain corrosion resistance. Aluminum achieves its high corrosion resistance through magnesium as the main alloy additive. Aluminum-magnesium alloys (AlMg) that are used in shipbuilding are, for example:
Aluminum alloys of this type are not only resistant to salt water and the marine atmosphere. Another aspect that comes into play in shipbuilding is the contact between aluminum alloys and other materials. Keyword: contact corrosion. As a rule, aluminum profiles, aluminum wire, plates and sheets as well as aluminum rods and the like are welded, soldered, screwed, riveted or otherwise connected with a wide variety of components and parts made of other materials on board. If aluminum alloys in constructions are in contact with more noble metals such as iron or copper, a so-called contact element can form with the ingress of moisture - an electrochemical reaction.
With water or humidity acting as an electrolytic conductor, the electrons flow from the less noble to the more noble metal, for example at the connection point between an aluminum profile and a copper screw. Within a short period of time, signs of corrosion appear here and several millimeters all around, which make a permanently secure connection impossible.
- How do I minimize armed robbery?
- Is the iPhone 7 overrated
- What is the solar surface
- Is long-term ketosis healthy
- Where can I get US textbooks online
- How to paint leather by hand
- What is the best scotch at moderate prices
- How do intelligent people deal with problems
- Alexa always listens
- How are Canadians perceived abroad
- What is mortgage by law
- What are some of America's biggest mistakes
- Why should I choose mongo instead of mssql
- Which CSS frameworks are cloud-based
- What are the best books on journalism
- Contains vSphere Enterprise Plus VCenter
- Is modern Instagram poetry actually poetry?
- I am not going to buy FIFA 14
- What is the best filling for pancakes
- What are the elements of literary analysis
- What are plaster cornices
- Is it possible to do an astral project?
- Massage therapy can help with back pain
- How does the Unix sort command work
- How do you hold a fart
- What is a friend with definitions
- What is the zip code of Sunnyvale CAs
- How can I know about new things
- What is controversial in art today
- What is art sculpture
- Can you decipher the word IREC?
- Where is Suvarnabhumi International Airport located
- Creates a different molarity, different concentration solutions
- Do you like to be tickled