Why was the cinema started
Cinema is on hold: these films have been postponed - again
At the end of 2020 we still had the faint hope that everything would be better in the new year. So far, however, the prospects have been rather bleak - this also applies to the current cinema year. 2021 had barely started when the first films were postponed again. While some cinema productions should still appear this year, others will not start until 2022. And the cinema releases have even been canceled entirely for two films.
These films were postponed one more time
- The King’s Man: The Beginning - postponed to March 2021 (old start date: February 11, 2021)
- Peter Hase 2 - postponed to June 2021 (old start date: March 11, 2021)
- Cinderella - postponed to July 2021 (old start date: February 11, 2021)
- James Bond: No Time to Die - postponed to October 2021 (old start date: March 31, 2021)
- Ghostbusters 3: Legacy - postponed to November 2021 (old start date: June 10, 2021)
- Morbius - postponed to January 2022 (old start date: October 7, 2021)
- Uncharted - postponed to February 2022 (old start date: July 15, 2021)
- Monster Hunter - Postponed Indefinitely (Old Start Date: January 28, 2021)
- Wrong Turn - postponed indefinitely (old start date: February 23, 2021)
- Tides - postponed indefinitely (old start date: March 11, 2021)
- Resident Evil Prequel - Postponed Indefinitely (Old Start Date: September 9, 2021)
NO TIME TO DIE 8 October 2021 pic.twitter.com/HZlNG5kz8t
- James Bond (@ 007) January 22, 2021
Canceled: These theatrical releases have been canceled
For two films, those responsible have even completely canceled the start dates (see below). At least in the case of “Antler’s” there is a rumor that the horror film is about to premiere in streaming instead. While there are rumors in the US about a release on Hulu, the strip could appear in this country on Disney Plus. The provider also wants to offer an area for adult films in the future.
- Antler’s (old start date: February 18, 2021)
- Everybody’s Talking About Jamie (old start date: February 25, 2021)
Films postponed: Unsafe release dates
Since it can be assumed that the corona pandemic could keep us busy for a little longer this year, further theatrical releases are “in danger”. It is believed that the Marvel film "Black Widow" will not keep its planned release in May 2021 and will be postponed again. Variety reports that in addition to the MCU adventure, Godzilla vs. Kong, Free Guy and Cruella could also be affected if the situation does not improve in the near future.
Films that are supposed to be shown in the cinema are being postponed again - or they appear directly on a streaming service. How do you feel about the ongoing cinema crisis? Let us know in a comment.
You might also be interested in:
- SoundKey has a future
- What is central treasury management
- Power Sony Cell Phones
- How did you deal with tinnitus
- Who built Qutub Minar
- How important a job is for digital marketing
- What fearsome predators do not attack humans?
- What are the most interesting edited documents
- What does incumbent mean
- What makes a lawyer
- Autism is only for people
- Is this tank safe for a snake?
- What are the cheapest category A sailboats.
- Why is PHP still hated so much?
- A teenager should use hair products
- Should I read old law books
- Amazon prices are no longer competitive
- How will life be in the year 3017
- From what plant do we get ephedra?
- If 2x 1 17 what is x
- Why is John Green so successful
- Netflix is changing the landscape of television
- How did you deal with boredom
- What does ISCRA