Who should manage social media customer service
Social media customer service
HELPDESK FOR SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS
Support customers directly from your help desk via social media channels such as
Facebook and Twitter
What is social media customer service?
Social media is extremely popular among millennials. At the same time, they have become an important communication medium for brands with their customers. The social media platforms offer the ability to send short, quick and instant responses about what made them consumer favorites. The public nature of social interactions also places more responsibility on brands when it comes to troubleshooting and problem solving.
Why it is so important to provide support via social media
Today's customers are slowly leaving traditional communication channels. They no longer want to write elaborate emails explaining their problem. Likewise, they no longer want to wait long to be able to speak to a support agent by phone. Today's customers want instant answers and quick action. Social media channels such as Twitter and Facebook enable customers to provide convenient and timely answers in a personal and sensitive tone.
For companies, however, this is a double-edged sword. If you manage to build a positive presence on social media, you will get excellent referrals that will attract more prospects. Even so, a single misstep in your social media strategy can lead to angry customers, frustrating experiences and shitstorms. This also affects the public image of your company as the negative reviews spread like wildfire.
The differences between social media support and support through traditional channels
- The responses on social media are mostly public. This means that everyone can see how your company is handling support requests. Bad interactions can spark public interest and go viral quickly.
- Shorter and more personal responses are preferred on social media channels. Platforms like Twitter even have character restrictions, so it's important to be short and concise when replying through these channels.
- Customers expect short response times and generally don't like being asked to switch channels to answer their queries.
- Support responses through traditional channels like phone, email, and chat are private and not available to the general public unless customers choose to post those conversations themselves.
- Long, formal, and polished answers with step-by-step instructions are preferred over traditional channels such as telephone and email. These channels are generally not subject to any restrictions when it comes to the length of the responses.
- Customers on these channels are more patient and more willing to wait for their issues to be resolved.
Create a strategy for social media support
It's important to have a strategy to better serve customers on social media. From hiring a dedicated team to segmenting your various social media channels, here's what you can do to improve your social media support.
Hire a dedicated team
For companies with a large customer base who want a personalized approach to customer interactions, having dedicated teams to take care of social media support is a huge advantage. The responsible team can only deal with conversations on channels like Twitter and Facebook and make sure that they match the desired language and tone of voice. In this way, all team members can play to their strengths and work towards the common goal of creating “wow” experiences for customers.
Segment the different social platforms
Different social media channels have different rules and nuances that support agents should know and apply. Twitter, for example, doesn't allow replies that are longer than 280 characters. In addition, once the tweet is published, it can no longer be edited. LinkedIn, on the other hand, is rarely used for customer support, but it is a good opportunity to respond to influencers and partners who want to work with your brand. If they know these basic rules, the agents can concentrate on giving suitable and concise answers that fit the medium.
Use a help desk to manage social media support
If you use ticketing software like Freshdesk, your team can handle multiple social media channels from one place. Support requests via Twitter and Facebook are converted into tickets so that agents can respond quickly and easily. Freshdesk even has intelligent AI capabilities that will search your Twitter feed and filter out the requests that need your attention most.
Establish the right expectations
Use Twitter and Facebook's own customer support features to improve the speed and efficiency of your replies. On Twitter, you can greet users with a number of options that they can potentially get help with every time they enter a direct message (DM) conversation. This saves time and productivity for the agents and helps them understand the context of the customer problem before they even interact with it.
Why Freshdesk is ideal for customer support via social media
Convert requests to tickets via Twitter and Facebook
You can manage your brand's Twitter and Facebook accounts right from Freshdesk. With Twitter integration, your agents can convert all major brand mentions and direct messages into tickets and respond to them without leaving your help desk. Thanks to the integration with Facebook, you can manage and respond to customer interactions, such as likes, comments and messages, directly from Freshdesk. Customers receive answers in the same medium that they posted their questions on.
Assign social media tickets to the right agents
If you have a team of agents who are specifically responsible for support via social media, you can define rules according to which tickets are automatically assigned to the team. This ensures that the tickets are assigned to the agents who are particularly good at editing the respective channel on social media.
Create a custom twitter stream
By creating a Twitter stream, you can proactively monitor tweets that aren't directed at you, but that talk about your brand. You can also follow topics in the areas that interest you and see how your competition is doing. If necessary, you can also convert such tweets into tickets.
Filter the "noise" from your Twitter account
Freshdesk's AI-supported "Social Signals" function reads every single tweet that mentions the handle of your company and uses the machine learning algorithm to automatically recognize all relevant tweets. These tweets are turned into tickets while everything else is filtered out so your support team doesn't have to spend an inordinate amount of time on irrelevant mentions. “Social Signals” also continuously learns from feedback on its predictions and improves over time.
Sign up for Freshdesk now
Try now for 21 days free of charge. No credit card required. Without any further obligations.
Sorry, our deep-dive didn't help. Please try a different search term.
- What is a Java EJB
- Which Billie Eilish song is the deepest
- Can an autistic person be healthy
- How do I start a plywood business
- What is video game design and development
- Who invented the astronomy telescope?
- How can I use sumac in recipes
- What Quorans have written books
- Which NBA team is driving you absolutely crazy
- What is the tilapia lake virus
- Has Angelina Jolie ever visited Beijing China
- What is the Python String Replace Method
- Is relaxation good for your dog?
- What is the Hindi word for stay?
- What is individual cyber crime and corporate cyber crime
- How do you avoid standing in line
- What are some fruits grown in Florida
- What does neoconservative mean
- How is the hostage swap done?
- How is change good
- What foods go away when all the eggs go away
- Should India forbid Christian missionary activities
- How free is the media in Indonesia
- Is a Passpack password manager really safe?
- How is solar energy used in India
- What is the ranking of the Business School 2019
- What animals live in the environment
- How do I remove an iPhone password
- How should I revise
- What is the n-factor of ENT3
- How do companies typically scale most effectively?
- Paranomal experiences for everyone
- What is a lossless wav format
- Why is the abaya dyed black