What is virtualization
Virtualization - definition
What is virtualization?
The term virtualization refers to an abstraction of physical IT resources. Components such as hardware, software, storage and network components are provided on a virtual level and can be used flexibly by different users. In this way, the utilization of IT resources is improved and the prerequisites for the cloud age are created.
Virtualization definition & benefits
In the course of virtualization, for example, a single physical computer is divided into several virtual computer systems.
Special software is used for this - called a hypervisor. It works, so to speak, like a digital privacy screen: By hiding the access of all other users, the individual user has the feeling of being the only user of the physical resource, i.e. the hardware. The virtual computer systems, also called virtual machines, can even act as completely isolated software containers with the operating system and applications, completely independently of one another.
This has various advantages. Instead of using several servers each for different tasks, but only partially using their capacity, different tasks can be carried out via individual servers. The result is less physical IT resources, less energy, and less spending. The utilization of the available resources increases. In addition, virtual machines can be easily backed up and quickly restored in the event of a security problem. Therefore, virtualization is considered to be the most effective method for reducing IT expenses and increasing efficiency and agility.
Virtualization encompasses five main categories:
- Desktop virtualization
Centralized server delivers and manages several individualized, virtual desktops.
- Server virtualization
Multiple operating systems can run as virtual machines on a single physical server.
- Network virtualization
Network bandwidth is distributed across multiple channels that are assigned to different servers and devices
- Software virtualization
Separates software from hardware and the operating system.
- Storage virtualization
Combines multiple network storage resources together to create a single storage device that multiple users can access.
- How can I learn the JPA
- Do you like to be tickled
- Why are cats screaming in front of my house
- Machine learning is all about optimization algorithms
- Which taxes always have priority
- What are the most common revolver failures
- What is the best VPN in 2020
- Why is a centaur called a centaur
- What is video game design and development
- What is an aluminum alloy
- Will the Lakers get back on their feet next season?
- How cold it gets in Soweto
- Why can't I bring questions back together
- For whom are films like Interstellar made
- How do web browsers work
- What does Scholastic Assessment Test mean
- What's the best game of 2019
- How is a sale on Amazon faked
- What are the benefits of kiwi juice
- How would you organize a guerrilla force
- What is the constituency of Rahul Gandhi
- How true is the novel Shiva Trilogy
- What is verification and validation
- What is the purpose of a tax incentive?
- In which index fund should I invest?
- How does the magnetic damping work
- How important were blacksmiths in the past
- How can I have my articles checked?
- Can you kill someone with your mind
- How is a parity bit calculated
- Is BigHit fair to BTS
- Which spaceship did Jupiter visit first?
- Why do good people end up last
- How will the petroleum technology be in RGIPT