What are the best digital marketing forums
Digital fast lane
New EHI Marketing Monitor Retail 2019-2022 //
Those responsible for marketing in retail are increasingly relying on digital advertising media, explains Marlene Lohmann, author of the EHI Retail Marketing Monitor, “however, there are signs of a certain saturation effect. The long-lasting trend of strongly increasing growth rates for digital budgets is easing and stabilizing ”. The full results will be presented today at the EHI Marketing Forum.
Mix is becoming more digital
Since 2016, spending on additive retail advertising * has been higher than the spending level on print-based retail advertising (brochures, magazines, advertisements). Forecasts for 2022 suggest that this gap will widen even further in the future. This development is due in particular to digital media. Around every fifth euro (20 percent) of gross advertising revenue is allocated by digital marketing.
In total, print-based forms of advertising account for a good 47 percent, online for 19.8 percent, direct marketing and POS each around 10 percent. The rest of the cake is shared by ads (6.1), TV (4.9), radio (4.2), posters (1.7) and other forms of advertising (2.3).
Advertising cost share of the industries
The average company spending is 3.3 percent based on gross sales. The industries set different priorities. The furniture industry remains loyal to print-based media and, at 5.3 percent, has the highest share of advertising costs in total sales (EUR 1.8 billion in absolute terms). At the other end of the spectrum are food retail / drugstores with only 1.3 percent of advertising costs in total sales and a budget of 2.5 billion euros.
The EHI surveys the current marketing mix and the planned investments since 2007 and compares the development of the use of classic, printed media with all other media used by retailers, the "additive media".
* Additive advertising includes online marketing, POS marketing, direct marketing / CRM, TV, poster advertising, radio
A total of 36 retail companies took part in the survey. The participating companies generate gross sales of almost 94 billion euros (2018) and represent 18 percent of total retail sales in Germany in the narrower sense.
The study is available to members as a free download.
Graphics to download
EHI Retail Institute e. V., Spichernstrasse 55, 50672 Cologne, www.ehi.org, 0221-57993-0
About the EHI
The EHI Retail Institute is a research and consulting institute for retail and its partners with around 80 employees. Its international network includes around 800 member companies from the retail, consumer and capital goods industries as well as service providers. The EHI collects important key figures for stationary and online retail, determines trends and develops solutions. The company was founded in 1951. The president is Kurt Jox, the managing director is Michael Gerling. GS1 Germany is a subsidiary of the EHI and the Markenverband and coordinates the allocation of the Global Trading Item Number (GTIN, formerly EAN) in Germany. In cooperation with the EHI, Messe Düsseldorf organizes EuroShop, the world's leading capital goods fair for retail, EuroCIS, where the latest products, solutions and trends in IT and security technology are presented, and the C-star for Asian retailers in Shanghai.
- Was the American Revolution a necessary event?
- What does style foreground mean in poetry?
- The 9 11 truth movement is pointless
- What should the designer know
- What is natural rubber
- Why is some country music called hilly
- What is your favorite ecommerce platform
- Are service contracts for electronics worth buying?
- How big are Google databases
- How does networking work in China
- There is a downside to having money
- How many stages of tuberculosis are there
- What is Wi-Fi Bluetooth AirPlay 2
- Who is the greatest guitarist alive?
- The 9 11 truth movement is pointless
- What is the scientific name of the carnation
- Why are brands not important in architecture
- How do you see through someone's person
- What is the flagship program
- What does FMCA stand for
- How big is big for Indian men
- What if Universal Studios bought Marvel?
- Why did the Myanmar war begin
- Is my father having an affair?
- Greek gods sleep at night
- Can BMP image increase hosting bandwidth
- How to Minimize Yelp Bullying
- What are some forms of electromagnetic energy
- How is ketoconazole shampoo for hair
- What is Georges Braque famous for?
- What do many people misunderstand about Alabama
- An Extramarks offline course is useful
- Reads Peter Thiel Quora