What does dependent variable mean
Target variable (dependent variable)
Next page:Independent variable Upwards:Analysis of statistical relationships Previous page:Asymmetrical and symmetrical questions & nbsp index
The Target variable is the characteristic that is the subject of the investigation (criterion variable). Often this "variable" is supposed to be replaced by other variables with recourse to corresponding hypotheses in terms of content within the framework of a statistical model explained become. In this case one also speaks of the variables to be explained. However, statistical methods can initially only demonstrate statistical relationships, and further methodological considerations are required in order to infer causal effects from such relationships (see "Causality and Correlation"). For this reason, more neutral terms, such as target variables, which also express these limitations, are to be preferred. Many authors use the term alternatively dependent variable (English: dependent variable). Similar to a mathematical function, , in which one can also choose between dependent () and independent variable () differs, it means that a variable by another variable is statistically predictable without there being any causal effect of is implied.
Other designations: In English literature, the designation response variable used. The term der comes from econometrics and "path analysis" endogenous variableswhich should make it clear that the variable within of the model is to be predicted using other variables. Finally, in "regression analysis" there is a more technical term Recourse.
Next page:Independent variable Upwards:Analysis of statistical relationships Previous page:Asymmetrical and symmetrical questions & nbsp index HJA 2001-10-01
- Why do some people underestimate the photography course
- What are some of the best photos of humanity
- Why is eastern Poland more right?
- What is emotionless
- Does an RO water purifier really work
- How many tickets are there in Tatkal
- What is the future of QNET
- What names can I call my husband
- Eating makes a person happier
- How long do diesel particulate filters last
- Which startups are based on Twitter
- House inspections are guaranteed
- Who was Emperor Palpatine's wife
- Why can't I go home
- How do we control milk adulteration
- 100 mortgages are back in the US
- How do you react to mistakes
- Where can I have bhaang in Amritsar
- Which perfume is durable in India?
- Is the idea of scouts creepy
- What is the California Climate Credit
- When was Sunday first called the Sabbath?
- What is a travel hack
- Where is Doha's new international airport