Can someone really have constant pain?
Causes & Symptoms
What is Chronic Pain?One speaks of chronic pain when the symptoms persist for more than six months. Persistent somatoform pain disorder (ASD) is when a patient complains of severe and excruciating pain for months that has no physical cause, but emotional and psychosocial stress factors. Here, a genetic physical susceptibility to illness and previous pain experiences that were stored in the pain memory lead to a special sensitization. This can be intensified by certain thought patterns and emotional sensitivities as well as social factors such as family and work. In the course of a learning process, the patients then develop pain behavior that is no longer to be understood as a direct reaction to the pain, but as a personality-specific way of dealing with it.
Causes: How does chronic pain arise?Chronic pain usually has a physical trigger that originally caused acute pain. Sometimes, however, the cause has long been eliminated, but the pain remains. Then the body has the pain signals on
Examples of physical triggers:
- Diseases or dysfunction of the muscles, tendons, ligaments and joints
- Changes in the nervous system
- Mixed forms and physical changes with an unclear cause
- Stress and stressful situation
- Increasing passivity, poor posture and poor posture, reduced physical performance due to pain-related fear
- Perseverance strategies
- mental constriction on experiencing pain
- Overestimation of body sensations and the consequences of illness ("catastrophizing")
- Brooding over pain-related content and transferring the causes to organic factors
- Desperation or demoralization
- Conviction that you are no longer physically resilient (consequences: changed role within the family, social withdrawal, problems at work)
Get acute pain treated at the right time. This is the only way we can put a stop to chronification.
Symptoms: side effects of chronic painDue to various unsuccessful attempts at therapy, many sufferers become more and more hopeless and, as a result, often depressed. This should be seen as a serious complication, as depressed people usually become even more sensitive to pain. The focus here is therefore on discontinuing or changing medication in combination with therapy for depression.
A special form of chronic pain is fibromyalgia syndrome (FMS), in which other symptoms such as exhaustion and concentration disorders occur. Fibromyalgia is also often associated with depression.
Diagnosis: Experts from all specialist areas analyze your painChronic pain cannot be broken down into medical specialties. That is why we organized the diagnosis and treatment around the problem. As a team we get to the bottom of your pain:
In a so-called multi-professional assessment, our internists, neurologists, rheumatologists, orthopedists and psychiatrists work together to create a precise report on which your therapy is based. Our pain experts also take a very careful look at what the pain has done to you: They include social, biographical and psychological factors in your therapy concept. If you come to us with a diagnosis, we will also take another look at it.
In the case of diseases of the supporting and locomotor organs, we first have a detailed discussion with you in order to understand your medical history. This is followed by a thorough physical exam. To complete the diagnosis, specific questionnaires can be used to confirm the clinical picture and possibly provide new information. As a rule, we also use imaging methods such as x-rays, computed tomography or magnetic resonance tomography. In addition, further laboratory tests can be useful.
- Is the oxygen low at higher altitudes?
- Ho fax you by email
- Is the correct spelling of the xth or not the p-tenth
- How do lounge and business suits differ?
- Saturday is a public holiday at BVRIT
- How do intrinsic security barriers work
- What is Ichigo's fatal mistake
- What are the top 10 SIPs
- What is a mentee
- What makes life in India so challenging
- Why do dogs like human owners
- Is makeup allowed in Islam
- Where is the nearest McDonalds 1
- Buy seafood properly online
- Why the Indian government started a cashless policy
- How were the Japanese Kamakazi pilots selected?
- What life advice should you never follow?
- Are lymphangiomas curable?
- Who hesitates the most
- What is withholding payments
- How is technology disrupting your industry
- What is a jukebox wedding
- What is the formula of measurement
- Supports turmeric milk for hair growth