Where to Buy Used Books for CBSE
- Home page
- Computing and information technology
- Computer programming / software development
- Software engineering by Ian Sommerville
A broad perspective on software systems engineering, concentrating on widely used techniques for developing large-scale software systems. Restructured into six parts, this new edition covers a wide spectrum of software processes from initial requirements solicitation through design and development.
Software engineering summary
Software Engineering Ian Sommerville
Software Engineering presents a broad perspective on software systems engineering, concentrating on widely used techniques for developing large-scale systems. The objectives of this seventh edition are to include new material on iterative software development, component-based software engineering and system architectures, to emphasize that system dependability is not an add-on but should be considered at all stages of the software process, and not to increase the size of the book significantly. To this end the book has been restructured into 6 parts, removing the separate section on evolution as the distinction between development and evolution can be seen as artificial. New chapters have been added on: Socio-technical Systems - discussing the context of software in a broader system composed of other hardware and software, people, organizations, policies, procedures and laws. Application System Architectures - to teach students the general structure of application systems such as transaction systems, information systems and embedded control systems. The chapter covers 6 common system architectures with an architectural overview and discussion of the characteristics of these types of system. Iterative Software Development - looking at prototyping and adding new material on agile methods and extreme programming. Component-based software engineering - introducing the notion of a component, component composition and component frameworks and covering design with reuse. Software Evolution - revising the presentation of the 6th edition to cover re-engineering and software change in a single chapter. The book supports students taking undergraduate or graduate courses in software engineering, and software engineers in industry needing to update their knowledge.
Table of Contents
INTRODUCTION Ch 1: Introduction Ch 2: Socio-technical Systems Ch 3: Dependability Ch 4: Software Processes Ch 5: Project Management REQUIREMENTS ENGINEERING Ch 6: Software Requirements Ch 7: RE Processes Ch 8: Systems Models Ch 9: Critical Systems Specification Ch 10: Formal Specification DESIGN Ch 11: Architectural Design Ch 12: Distributed Systems Architecture Ch 13: Application Architectures Ch 14: Object-oriented Design Ch 15: Real-time Systems Ch 16: User Interface Design SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT Ch 17: Iterative Software Development Ch 18: Software Reuse Ch 19: CBSE Ch 20: Critical Systems Development Ch 21: Software Evolution VERIFICATION AND VALIDATION Ch 22: Verification and Validation Ch 23: Software Testing Ch 24: Critical Systems Validation MANAGEMENT Ch 25: Managing People Ch 26: Software Cost Estimation Ch 27: Quality Management Ch 28: Process Improvement Ch 29: Configuration Management Glossary of Software Engineering Terms Index
Software Engineering Ian Sommerville
The image of the book is for illustration purposes only; the actual binding, cover and edition may differ.
This is a used book. It has been read before and shows signs of use from previous use. We assume that it is, by and large, in very good condition. However, if you are not completely satisfied, please contact us.
- What are the best exercise routines
- Which stocks are most predictable
- What is a base camp
- Why are people still against marijuana 1
- What is the main cause of leukemia
- How is Yamaha F310 for a beginner
- What video game scene did ASMR give you
- Sam Smith uses auto-voting
- Which app is best for stock market prices
- Are Apple Emoji Racist
- Are there reading rooms in Guntur
- How many different fingerprints are there?
- What a loved one you hate
- US military accepts immigrants
- Will be BTS on Lauv's album
- Who thinks Quora will surpass Facebook
- Why is a NO2 molecule electronegative
- Eating makes a person happier
- What do you think of Slipknot
- What is a pressure transmitter working principle
- What is a muscle relaxant
- How do I prove Euler's relationship
- How much time can an igloo have
- How do you treat burned fingers