Is Alex Van Halen a good person
Eddie Van Halen is dead
"I can't believe I have to write this, but my father, Edward Lodewijk Van Halen, lost his long and tough battle with cancer this morning," wrote Wolfgang Van Halen, who has been with the Van Halen Bass for several years played. He was the best father he could have wished for. Every moment on stage with him was a gift. "My heart is broken and I don't think I'll ever fully recover from this loss."
The band Van Halen was a family business: father Eddie played guitar, son bass, and Eddie's brother Alex drums. "Most people want to go to Hollywood," said the musician in one of his rare interviews once to Esquire magazine. “They want to be stars, they want to be rock stars. We never had that thought in the Van Halen family. "
"Nobody was luckier in life"
"I can't imagine anyone who was luckier in their life than me," Eddie Van Halen once said. “I've been through quite a bit of bullshit in my life, but I've been playing in the band with my brother since the beginning and now with my son as well. I don't think anyone else in the music world can say that about themselves. I don't know anyone who makes music with their son and brother. "
With band members who do not come from the family, there have always been problems in the course of the band's history. Founding singer David Lee Roth has been replaced several times and has been officially back since 2007 - but both sides openly admitted that working together was not always easy.
Several hits and one hit
The Van Halen brothers were born in Amsterdam (Netherlands) and immigrated to California with their parents as children. Her father was a professional jazz musician. They started playing guitar and drums at an early age, won music competitions and finally founded the band Van Halen while they were still in school. "Jump" became an international chart hit in 1984 and is still a party classic today. Hits like "Panama", "Why Can't This Be Love?", "Dreams" or "When It's Love" followed.
The band remained successful for decades, but privately it was more difficult for Eddie Van Halen. He divorced his first wife, actress Valerie Bertinelli, in 2007. In 2009 he married Janie Liszewski. Again and again he spoke openly about his alcohol and drug addiction. According to his own statements, the guitarist was able to overcome both. In 1999 he got a new hip and a year later he got cancer of the tongue. The cancer later returned, this time on the larynx.
"Guitar god and really good soul"
Industry colleagues expressed their sadness and paid tribute to Van Halen. "Eddie was not only a guitar god, he was also a really good soul," wrote rocker Gene Simmons of the band Kiss on Twitter. John Mayer praised him on Instagram as a “superhero” on the guitar: “A true virtuoso. A fantastic musician and composer. ”As a child he admired him and viewed him as a role model. Rocker Tommy Lee posted photos with Van Halen on Instagram and praised him as a man "who changed guitar playing forever".
Country star Keith Urban praised him as a “master of complicated solos” with which Van Halen was able to delight many listeners because he had “an excellent melody in his heart” and joy in playing. "He did things with the electric guitar like no one else," Lenny Kravitz said, according to People.com. "He's a pioneer and his music is just amazing," wrote Kravitz on Instagram. Industry giants such as Aerosmith, Ozzy Osbourne, Nickelback and Duran Duran also paid tribute to him.
Sammy Hagar, who was the singer of the band in the 1980s and 1990s, wrote that he was speechless and it tears his heart apart. Rocker David Lee Roth, who split from the band in 1985 but returned to Van Halen in 2007, posted a photo of himself and Eddie on Twitter and described the time together as a "long, great trip".
- How do I use Filemaker Pro
- Why do cats love small boxes
- Why can't we see photons
- How does biological evolution inspire machine learning
- Streaming Google projects is free
- How to Build a Shotgun Telescope
- How trustworthy is kuvera in
- Why is hand embroidery the most expensive
- Are there proxy VPN websites
- Why do Purebloods call Muggleborns Mudbloods
- Ayushmann Khurrana is the next Aamir Khan
- How did string theory get so popular?
- Where can I speak to ISRO scientists
- Why doesn't the FAA like drones
- What is aspect ratio
- Radio signals carry energy
- Are meals on bikes covered by Medicare
- How much did LogMeIn earn Meldium for
- Shards Pyrex when dropped
- How are the weaknesses of the people exposed?
- Corn dogs have gluten
- What does electrode potential 032 volts mean
- What books should a teacher read?
- What are you doing on a date
- How many stages of tuberculosis are there
- How do you stay thin
- What is 10 3 1
- What are Unacademy courses
- Is bias inherent or developed
- Tutta means something in Polish
- How did Greek mythology affect Rome?
- How likely is it that Facebook will go bankrupt
- What are some non-dairy dessert options
- How does the stomach produce HCl acid