Do superheroes have or need money
A new digital educational game aims to promote the financial literacy of Swiss schoolchildren. "FinanceMission Heroes" was developed by teachers' associations and the cantonal banks.
So that young adults do not get caught in a long-term debt spiral, an early discussion of money and consumption is crucial, according to a message about the game that was presented in Basel on Wednesday. "FinanceMission Heroes" aims to convey the responsible handling of money in an entertaining way.
While playing, the pupils slip into the role of superheroes and have to free a fictional city from robots. It is important to choose suitable financing strategies for equipment, to allocate time resources well and to budget correctly.
The game was developed by the FinanceMission association, which brings together the umbrella association for teachers in Switzerland (LCH), the Syndicat des enseignants romands (SER) and the 24 cantonal banks. It is supplemented with didactic material that is tailored to the curriculum.
Insufficient financial knowledge
According to the Federal Statistical Office, 27 percent of 18 to 24-year-olds in Switzerland live in a household with payment arrears. If other debts such as bank overdrafts, vehicle leasing or outstanding liabilities to family and friends are added, it is over 50 percent.
A study by the Universities of St. Gallen and Freiburg also shows that over 50 percent of secondary school students perceive financial matters as complicated and confusing. It also applies: the higher the education, the higher the competence in finance.
FinanceMission Heroes is made available to schools free of charge. The courses for 13 to 16 year olds are available in German, French and Italian. The game is available as an app for smartphones and tablets as well as for computers. It can be downloaded for free.
This article was automatically imported from our old editorial system to our new website. If you come across display errors, we ask for your understanding and a hint: [email protected]
- Why do we waste period blood
- How safe is NIT Rourkela
- What language do Lebanese Armenians speak
- Could you describe your experiences with psychedelics
- What kind of a student is Olu Campbell
- Why are most of the Snapchat users young people
- Are you more into books or technology?
- What is a Turing machine
- What is the speed of a proton
- What is Litecoin Price Prediction 2017
- Think about switching to solar energy
- How patriarchal is Saudi society
- Scientologists are told what to think
- Why does a caterpillar shed its skin
- How will augmented reality change warehouse logistics
- Have the British apologized for the Jallianwala Bagh massacre?
- What is the Russian word for release?
- What is your favorite fairy tale
- President Obama has been overrated
- What does TRSA stand for
- What is the definition of prepaid expenses
- My USA tourist visa was refused
- What is a good date conversation
- How to start the email validation service