What is the function of the cingulated sulcus
The “belt turn” is an internal part of the cortex. An example of how it works is the Stroop test: the word “red” is written in green letters - and you have to name the font color.
Scientific supervision: Prof. Dr. Herbert Schwegler
As the largest part of the limbic system, the cingulate gyrus influences attention and concentration, processes pain and regulates affects. If it is damaged, the patient lacks drive: They appear emotionally dull and move little.
In a cingulotomy, the doctor permanently cuts the cingulate gyrus in an operation. The patient's psyche changes irreversibly as a result; However, the intervention can be the last resort for therapy-resistant obsessive-compulsive disorder and depression as well as for severe chronic pain. Nowadays, however, a cingulotomy is rarely performed, and other procedures have become more attractive. For example deep brain stimulation, in which implanted electrodes stimulate certain areas of the brain. In contrast to cutting through a brain area, this method is reversible.
The cingulate gyrus can only be seen when the brain is cut lengthways in the middle and opened. It is the part of the cerebral cortex above the bar - the corpus callosum, which connects the two hemispheres. As the largest part of the limbic system, the cingulate gyrus influences attention, pain processing and the regulation of affects. He is also part of the Papez circle, which begins and ends at the hippocampus and is significantly involved in the permanent storage of memory contents.
Together with the hippocampal gyrus, the cingulate gyrus forms the outer ring of the limbic system. The bar is the boundary between the outer and inner ring; but the two are not really separate; the cingulate gyrus is well connected to all other parts of the limbic system via fiber connections.
- How do I test my CPU fan
- How do stem cells help the body
- Is an employee handbook a contract
- Will Israel have a third intifada?
- What is the need for spiritual intelligence
- You can vote for American soldiers
- What is a great alternative to eBay
- How do you develop oblique muscles
- How do I see a Tumblrs email
- What is a replacement for Excel
- What is the best VPN in 2020
- What is the story of Tanaji
- How much does a longbow weigh
- The mobile gaming industry is dying
- Which camel cigarette is the lightest
- When does PRMO 2019 take place?
- Perspectives for the future LA subway system
- What are your error stories
- A wheel can have an infinite number of revolutions
- What screams I'm alone
- What is stalking versus harassment
- Is Papa John's Garlic Sauce vegan
- Which Japanese names mean luck
- Which infrastructure is used at Mixpanel
- Why are so few women lead guitarists?
- What is paranoia
- What is deep psychopathic trauma
- Common stock is a long-term debt
- How common is anesthesia awareness
- Is 6 nights enough to see Ceylon
- How much phenylethylamine is in dark chocolate
- What trophies does Lionel Messi have
- Is make-up allowed on the plane
- Should I rate every answer to Quora positively