What is Trisomy 8 Syndrome
The Trisomy 8 is the triple presence of chromosome 8 and is a chromosome aberration. It occurs sporadically and, with 120 known cases, is considered rare. Most often there is a mosaic trisomy 8 in which only some of the cells have the additional chromosome. Free trisomy 8, in which the additional chromosome 8 can be detected in all body cells, is less common.
Trisomy 8 is usually congenital, but it can also occur acquired in certain cell lines. A trisomy of 8 clonal hematopoietic stem cells, for example, is a possible change in the karyotype in myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS).
3 prenatal diagnostics
The following abnormalities are often associated with trisomy 8, which can be detected in prenatal ultrasound:
To date, a definitive diagnosis can only be made by examining the chromosomes themselves. Amniocentesis or chorionic villus sampling are often used for prenatal diagnosis. In the case of a chorionic villus sampling, it must be borne in mind that a mosaic trisomy 8 can also occur in a placental area, i.e. the baby does not have a fetal mosaic.
4 Postnatal abnormalities
The clinical picture is variable, especially with mosaic trisomy 8. People are also known for whom there are hardly any abnormalities. The degree of severity is decisive for the prognosis of the physical as well as the mental development. If the proportion of trisomeric than disomeric cells is significantly lower, normal development is possible.
There is no cure for trisomy 8, but symptoms can be treated.
- Being a psychopath is a bullshit label
- How do you make Idli tastier?
- Why is the USD dominating the world
- How does antiperspirant deodorant work
- What is the significance of GPA scores
- How to play Russia in diplomacy
- How did man learn to calculate time
- What is postpaid in terms of phones
- How business friendly is Spain
- You Can Get Spyware on Your iPhone
- Uses Google Maps Galileo
- How will you synthesize sulfaguanidine from aniline
- Why didn't Gray Worm kill Tyrion?
- Who decides the jersey number of the cricketers
- What does H2 mean in A-Levels
- Why is linear algebra not taught before calculus
- When did Vinod Khanna leave Bollywood
- How much did LogMeIn earn Meldium for
- What are the functions of steel
- Why are Arabs so racist
- Why should you choose ATS Pious Hideaways
- Why are books printed in black
- What makes you believe in humanity
- What is IT Portfolio Management