How do I use affirmations
"What we are today follows from the thoughts we pursued yesterday and our present thinking determines our life as it will be tomorrow."
Do you want to create your own individual affirmation?
In this article you will get clear instructions to create your own individual affirmation.
First, let me introduce you to the two most common forms of affirmation.
"I am" affirmation
In this personal affirmation, the sentence begins with “I am”. Care should be taken with these personality affirmations that they are always formulated in the now. That means you don't need to fix the affirmation on a specific date or day.
Here is a very nice example of how to do it correctly: “I am filled with happiness” instead of “On 01/01/2020 I am filled with happiness”.
The "I am" formulation immediately activates the subconscious and begins to correspond to the desired state. It is important that you really feel and allow the feeling of happiness in you.
It can also help you to call past happy moments into your consciousness before the affirmation and to relive them mentally. Ask yourself: “When was the last time I was really beaming with happiness?”. Let this emerging feeling flow through your body and combine it with your affirmation.
We come to the second form of affirmation.
"I have" affirmation
This type of affirmation is about owning and achieving "material" goals. Here it is important to always create a time reference, as our subconscious checks the desired situation against reality.
The following example makes it clearer what I mean. If you say to yourself: "I have achieved my dream figure", that does not correspond to the truth. So your subconscious cannot do anything about it and the whole affirmation is less helpful.
Therefore, always use a time reference for ownership affirmations such as "I achieved my dream figure on 01.01.2020" or "I saved the money for my Maldives vacation until my birthday."
Ultimately, it doesn't matter which form of affirmation you create for yourself. It is only important that you reprogram your subconscious by repeating it frequently, just as you switch off your inner critic. This is where the law of neuroplasticity comes into play.
It says that through daily repetitions, the brain can be reprogrammed like a computer. This means that continuity is the key to success here.
T he areas in your brain can be trained like muscles. As with strength training, increased activity leads to a growth in the neural connections in this area.
Consequently, you should repeat the affirmations several times a day (10-50 times does no harm). That may sound like a lot, but when I tell you that a person has around 50,000 to 60,000 thoughts a day, 10 to 50 repetitions are really a no brainer.
There are also enough opportunities to repeat the affirmation. You can find out more about this in the first part of the Affirmation series.
Instructions for creating your own affirmation
In the following I would like to give you helpful tips so that you can create your own affirmations that are suitable for your individual life situation. Logically, self-created affirmations work better because they arise from within.
But before you create your personal affirmation, you need to be clear about what your wants, goals, and needs are.
This is the only way you can create a meaningful and effective affirmation. It should definitely touch you emotionally. The more positive feelings you get, the better.
Create affirmation - formulate it correctly
- Make sure to formulate your affirmation positively (instead of "getting rid of negative thoughts", rather "train positive thoughts"
- Avoid “would”, “can”, “should”, “should”. As a result, you do not enter into a direct commitment, as you first have to see whether you can or whether you should. That won't help you any further. You will do things!
- It is the same with “want”. You don't want to change things, you will!
- Formulate your positive affirmation in the present. (Future tenses and past tenses are taboo)
- Do not use negations (words like “no”, “not”, “never” are taboo). Our brains find it difficult to deal with negations. The central object of our thoughts mostly remains in spite of the advanced negation.
- Don't use unnecessarily long sentences when creating your affirmation. Better to be memorable and short.
"Everything depends on the way of thinking. Everything starts from thinking, everything is directed and created."
This must be taken into account when creating an affirmation
- Your affirmation must be within your sphere of influence. If you have no influence on the result, it is of no use. For example: "My work colleagues accept me more and more every day." That is simply not in your power. Correct: "I get along better with my colleagues every day." This way you have a concrete influence on the result and your self-confidence is also strengthened.
- Focus on a specific wish in your affirmation. Don't say, "I am happy, content, discharged, fulfilled, and rich."
- As I said above. Make up your affirmation yourself. The benefit of an individual affirmation tailored to your life situation is much higher.
Finally, I recommend you start your affirmation with “I am” or “I have” if possible.
For inspiring affirmations, please visit my Pinterest profile. There is a pin board on which only positive affirmations are collected.
Here is the last part of the affirmation series. 60 positive affirmations for success, happiness, self-love, money, and more.
Conclusion create affirmations
You now have a great guide on how to create an affirmation.
Self-created affirmations are much more effective than if you use existing affirmations. It is important that the affirmation comes from your deepest inside and is not just a loveless empty phrase.
- Can you help me visualize tensors
- Can psychology become a hard science
- Who has a GDPR checklist
- Are you ready for ISO management systems
- Do narcissists have a favorite victim
- Is the gender biologically determined or socially constructed
- Where do you usually buy products
- How is the structure of the economy
- Which organic compounds are easily added Why
- How can you get a TDS refund?
- Can I eat paneer with jaundice?
- Can Nigeria defeat Cameroon in a war
- Why is validation important in pharmaceutical manufacturing
- How do I play with the navel
- Should I be using inventory management software
- Let's call ophthalmologists
- What bone is the laughing bone called?
- How are psychrometry used in climatology
- Why don't emails have profile photos?
- Who passed the valence bond theory
- Why does the old law exist?
- What is the future of the BAMS doctors
- Is wine considered a carbohydrate
- What are the greatest instrumental chart songs
- Photons are electrons
- What is fullerene
- What is quality literature
- Who works at Accenture Labs
- What is OBD code P0403
- Psychological counseling is really helpful
- What is the answer to 3 + 3 3 + 3
- What do you mean by connection protocol
- Who wants to visit Bhutan