How does the stomach produce HCl acid
How the stomach works
The proteins that we eat with the pancake consist of long, folded peptide chains. The pepsin settles in the areas that were previously exposed with the help of the acid.
The protein-decomposing enzyme cuts the long chains into short pieces: peptides. The body can later process these short pieces more easily with the help of other enzymes.
The stomach starts moving
While the digestive juices take effect, the stomach starts moving. The pancake mash touches and stretches the stomach. This irritates the nerves in the stomach wall, which in turn release a substance called gastrin.
On the one hand, this substance ensures that the stomach releases even more hydrochloric acid and pepsin. On the other hand, it causes the stomach muscles to contract.
What was once a pancake is cut into smaller and smaller pieces. "Three times a minute, the wave-like movement of the muscles conveys food towards the sphincter," says Pohle.
Please don't push!
Researchers also call this sphincter a gatekeeper. It lies at the end of the stomach and regulates how much food gets into the intestines. More precisely in the duodenum.
The gatekeeper makes no compromises: he only lets pieces through that are millimeter-sized. What is bigger stays in the stomach and is cut into smaller pieces.
- Is this haircut attractive
- What kind of person should I meet with?
- Is architecture getting better in the USA?
- What drugs increase SGPT
- How are volumetric tools used?
- What are some medically unexplained symptoms
- Why are people bored in museums
- Can you hate something you like
- When is CPR needed?
- Who is the Best Nutrition Advisor in Chennai
- What technological programs should a philosopher learn
- What are remote and local servers
- What are the homeless talking about
- Why do some people love black people
- How is social media changing comedy
- Why not invest in the Roth IRA
- How is the call center service level calculated
- Who writes Selena Gomez's music
- A Java programmer should learn Scala
- Tiktok is prohibited internationally
- Can e-paper replace newspapers
- Well-made meat has less fat
- Is Quora popular 2
- Why are ligands commonly referred to as Lewis bases