Is toxic to alcohol
When is alcohol harmful?
Many people wonder how much alcohol is harmful. In Germany, men and women are recommended different maximum levels, which are considered to be low-risk. Current studies show slightly different values.
It is not easy to study the health effects of alcohol in detail, because alcohol can have adverse effects on many different organs and areas of life. There are different international recommendations for low-risk drinking. The German Central Office for Addiction Issues recommends
- not to drink alcohol for at least two days a week.
- that women drink no more than 12 grams of alcohol per day, i.e. no more than a small glass of wine (0.125 liters). This corresponds to 60 grams over a week with two alcohol-free days.
- that men do not drink more than 24 grams of alcohol per day, i.e. two small glasses of beer (0.6 liters). This corresponds to 120 grams over a week with two alcohol-free days.
Two large international research groups have studied the health effects of alcohol. Their conclusion is:
Anyone who drinks less than 100 grams of alcohol per week on average does little or no harm to their health. 100 to 200 grams of alcohol per week shortens life expectancy on average by half a year, 200 to 350 grams by two years and more than 350 grams by five years. There was no difference between men and women.
Important is: The study results apply to healthy adults. It is important to remain abstinent for people who have been treated for alcohol addiction and are no longer drinking alcohol. Otherwise the risk for one is very high. It is also advisable not to drink alcohol for people with other addictions, as they can be prone to alcohol addiction.
- What is post-employment reluctance
- Is there a Hindi literature blog
- What language is spoken in Madeira
- How do I make a nice footer
- What are examples of deformations
- What are the uses of laterite rock
- What is considered technology
- What did Daenerys hair loss mean?
- I just bought an NES what now
- How is biology different from normal chemistry?
- What are John Wayne's best films
- Is PEC better than NITs
- How many paying customers does TradingView have
- Neurons are epithelial cells
- How can you be more aggressive
- Which is the best ecommerce app builder
- Pay academic journals authors
- Why do dogs bark on random walls
- Are injected into fine lines dermal fillers
- What are the quick charging tips
- Certain ethnic groups grow faster
- What is the temperature of lava
- What do you mean by OBC CL
- What are the best casual Steam games