Why are laptops more expensive than PCs
Why laptops are getting more and more expensive this year
As the US threatens further tariffs on Chinese goods, US technology companies are warning of price increases for laptops in the coming months. Intel, Microsoft, Dell, and HP are now forecasting an average increase of about $ 120. The companies also note in a joint statement that laptop buyers on a smaller budget will be hit hardest: "A price increase of this magnitude can make even laptop devices seem completely overpriced for our most cost-conscious consumers."
Until recently, the consumer impact of the US and Chinese trade wars was only speculative. But as the 90-day postponement of the Huawei ban continues, the effects become more and more foreseeable. US companies no longer waste time taking precautionary measures. Some are accelerating their long-term plans, while others are urging the US government to reverse the decision.
Given the complex economic relationships between Chinese and US tech companies, it is impossible to say which products will be affected and how badly. The price increase also depends on how much more consumers can endure in the future, because by this point the first round of tariffs has already progressed so far that it will probably even affect the products for the start of school.
Huawei’s position in this whole chaos makes the pricing of laptops much more difficult and, above all, the development continues. Intel, and particularly its Athena project, also illustrates quite well how the trade ban can stall future research and development. Because China will soon tolerate an Intel laboratory in Shanghai much less.
American tech companies are no longer waiting for the trade war to really escalate. Some prominent chipmakers urge the US government not to push the trade war too far. Just weeks after announcing the sales ban on Huawei, Intel and Xilinx allegedly instigated the US government to change course.
Other American tech players are trying to isolate themselves from future trade disputes by reducing their dependence on China. Apple in particular is concerned and is therefore relocating its suppliers to Southeast Asia. Whatever the impact of the economic tensions between the US and China in the future, consumers can be sure that new laptops will be significantly more expensive in 2019.
- What is a constructor in C ++
- Ubersuggest is exactly for SEO
- When did Leslie Howard die?
- What color is associated with the navy
- What qualifies something as art
- How is an Ocean Rip Current created
- How do tech entrepreneurs value their startups?
- How long does an amazing workout last
- How can an atheist appreciate Sufi music
- What's the best free phone app
- Power Sony Cell Phones
- Can someone identify these Adidas shoes
- TMZ is a TV show
- Break up alcoholic anonymous marriages
- Can we make money with YouTube Live
- Which server does Bigrocks use for hosting
- Is Merkel the next Hitler?
- Who switches to American airlines
- Facial piercings for men What is your opinion
- What is 4m radius circle area
- Which country has the worst road deaths
- Provides Cybage accommodation for new apprentices
- How can I break my marriage proposal
- What is the best beer in china
- Are you still staying in Bangalore
- Who makes military humvees
- What is a first hit
- Why wasn't Casablanca remade
- Whatever happened to Combosaurus
- What was Thomas Jefferson's fortune
- Kombucha is a probiotic
- Has ObamaCare Improved Your Health
- How would you describe the longing for someone
- What are the best telemarketing scripts