What kind of programmer am I supposed to be?
He designs and programs computer and software programs. He works in a similar way to a software developer - the areas of responsibility often flow into one another. The two activities differ in that the programmer is more concerned with the pure programming work and the software developer is also clearly focused on the software architecture.
For customers, he either develops new programs from scratch, or revises and improves existing ones. First he deals with the given requirements and wishes and gets a first impression of what the desired software should be like. His job is to write a logically structured, understandable and error-free source code, or also called source code. To do this, he must be familiar with a wide variety of programming languages. Basically, he must also be able to find his way quickly into new programs. Assembling individual software modules can also be part of his job. Once he has set up the first raw form of a program, test phases are due. These check whether all paths and applications are working or whether an error, a so-called bug, has crept in. Then it is time to look for the mistake and readjust it. If his job is to revise existing software, he checks the current status, then adds new tools, for example, or adapts them to new requirements. In the course of his duties he must also be familiar with database administration, management and organization.
In addition to the pure programming activity, he also has to write instructions for his programs. On the one hand, these use other programmers who want to use the newly developed program, on the other hand they also help the user. Since the software market is constantly changing and developing, the work of the programmer remains varied and constantly presents him with new technical challenges that have to be solved.
The IT system electronics technician or IT specialist also has similar work areas. Depending on the environment in which the programmer works, graphic designers, game designers or authors can also be his colleagues.
Anyone who enjoys working with computers and programming in their free time already has the right interest and the necessary technical affinity for this profession. Since a programmer always works together with his colleagues on a program or software, teamwork should be a matter of course for him. Good math and English skills are also required. Because in the software industry a lot is done in English. Every programmer should at least be familiar with the relevant specialist vocabulary. In addition, logical and structured thinking skills are essential.
The most common way into this profession is to study computer science. But there are also a number of specific offers, such as the digital media engineer or a dual course of study that combines, for example, vocational training as an IT specialist for application development with a course in business informatics or media informatics. Another option is vocational training as an IT specialist. In principle, you can teach yourself to program if you are interested. When it comes to hiring in a company, however, applicants are usually asked to complete an apprenticeship or study.
It is obvious for the programmer to look for employment with a software developer. In principle, however, he can work in a wide variety of companies, for example in the games sector, the information or multimedia sector.
- What are industrial uses of LED
- Have you been placed by eLitmus
- Can engineering students do internships in their first year
- How close is China to fusion technology
- How many calories do weight lifting exercises burn
- Why does methionine only have one codon
- How stable is MongoDB
- Is mold a plant fungus or parasite
- Would my own film require permission
- Which books gave you an aha moment
- Estimate the Klout or PeerIndex score
- How do you buy euros online
- Has capitalism emancipated women?
- Who is Alex Trebek's Favorite Jeopardy Candidate
- How do you operate your sideline
- What are decent brands of shoes for men
- In general, natural light creates better portraits
- Bitcoin was a scam
- How many people use Instagram now
- How could I forget him
- What is the term persona in psychology
- How can I install Google Home
- Which offset smoker should I buy
- What is meant by stridor
- Uses Google Maps Galileo
- What rhymes with Shone
- What is the Italian word for inutile
- Is 3 days enough in Switzerland
- The human body keeps the hair alive
- Are wireless devices harmful to us
- What are the strangest trees in the world
- What is a core field
- Why was Rainbow Six Patriots canceled