Cassandra is a NoSQL database
Apache Cassandra: Distributed management of large databases
As a real one distributed system Cassandra does not use a master. All clusters have equal rights and can process any database request, which significantly increases performance. The data are distributed across the nodes. By simply adding more nodes, the system is also easily scalable. After the installation it is only necessary to distribute the configuration files to the new node. Cassandra provides suitable tools for this.
To the Resilience and to guarantee the restoration of the data in an emergency, Apache Cassandra has a replication system that can be configured as required. Fault tolerance is minimized by automatically replicating the data between the nodes. Failed nodes can be easily replaced. The system remains available for inquiries at all times.
Cassandra also offers a high Availability and partition tolerance. According to the CAP theorem of computer science, it is never possible to guarantee consistency, availability and partition tolerance at the same time. Consistency is granted, which means that all nodes see the same data at all times, as is the case with many big data systems. After a failure, the consistency can be guaranteed again promptly by data recovery, whereas the other two properties must be guaranteed at all times.
Cassandra databases support the programming model developed by Google MapReduce for calculations with large amounts of data on distributed systems. The database query language CQL (Cassandra Query Language) is specially adapted to the data structures of Cassandra.
- What is involved in resuscitation of a patient
- How can I remember the French vocabulary
- What counts as physics
- What does horror dreams mean
- How do quiz players prepare for a quiz
- Why were the 5K monitors discontinued
- Is medical marijuana expensive in the US?
- Why didn't Harry Potter break more wands?
- When did Bhutan separate from India?
- Can entrepreneurship lift you out of the depression
- Which smells do you find most offensive?
- Which is the best UX design laptop
- Eye check in Shanghai
- Is there anything in Delaware
- Are historians artists
- Tahiti is a 3rd world country
- Have you tried Modafinil Did it help
- How do restaurants increase cash flow
- What are some communist films in Assamese
- How are societies connected to one another in culture?
- What is msinfo32 exe used for?
- What language is spoken in Nairobi
- Can an autistic person be healthy
- How big is the global cement market