How do we measure high tensions
Voltage measurement / measure voltage
A voltmeter is always connected in parallel to the consumer, component or voltage source. When measuring at the voltage source, the current voltage value is measured. At the consumer, the voltage drop across this one component is measured. This is the partial voltage of the total voltage of the voltage source.
In order not to influence the circuit to be measured, the internal resistance of the voltmeter should be as high as possible. An infinitely high internal resistance would be ideal.
When measuring with the voltmeter, the following instructions must be observed: The type of voltage, i.e. alternating or direct voltage (AC / DC), must be set. In the case of direct voltages, attention must be paid to the polarity, provided it is not a digital multimeter. The measuring range should initially be selected larger so that the analog measuring device does not become a pointer winding machine. This can happen when the pointer's deflection goes beyond the scale. The pointer will not curl, but the force of the rash could bend it. The subsequent measurements would then be inaccurate.
The following instructions must be observed before voltage measurement:
- The correct type of voltage must be selected (AC / DC).
- In the case of direct voltage (DC), the polarity must be observed.
- The correct measuring range must be set.
- If the measured value is unknown, the largest measuring range must be set and slowly switched to the lower measuring range.
- If possible, the measuring range must be set so that the pointer deflection can be read in the last third.
These notes generally only apply to analog measuring devices. Digital multimeters set these values automatically. They just need to be set to measure voltage.
Overview: measuring electrical quantities
Other related topics:
Electronics simple and easy to understand
The electronics primer is a book about the basics of electronics, components, circuit technology and digital technology.
I want that!
Experience electronics with the "Starter Edition" electronics set
Perfect for beginners and newcomers
- Entry into electronics without prior knowledge
- Quick understanding of components and circuit symbols
- Experiment without a soldering iron: just insert components
More information Order the electronics set now
- Sublimates sodium chloride when heated
- What can I use to learn Pascal
- Would you rather have skill or talent
- What is Japan's view of Kurdistan
- What is the formula of measurement
- What is SADC doing in Lesotho
- What is ThinkUEM
- Poisoned Olenna Joffrey in the books
- Cow dumping is a real thing
- Can I view text messages online
- What a debate you will always win
- Can we make water, if so how
- What do you want to teach someone
- The digging of Graeben cost something in the First World War
- Can you do a quick rap
- Why should I marry my lover
- What is France great at 1
- How do you approve comments on Facebook
- What are Inappropriate Healthcare Facilities
- Geniuses have a passion for learning
- What made the Hindus dissatisfied with Hinduism
- Which dish are you doing well
- What is 1 megawatt
- The earth is getting bigger