If you fart you should smell it
Healthy or Dangerous? This is how often you should fart at most per day
One thing is certain: Puffing is guaranteed to be one of the most embarrassing side effects of being human. After all, who likes to bother those present with bad-smelling body gases?
Nevertheless, part of a functioning body is to let flatulence escape - and is part of life.
Puffing is even healthy. But to what extent?
This is how gases develop in the intestine
The gut is responsible for processing the food you eat every day by breaking it down and further processing it.
However, the intestines may not be able to digest all food. The waste products that the body cannot use ultimately end up in the colon.
There they eventually form smelly gases due to sulfur and ammonia - which have to escape at some point.
Those who often suppress puffing, however, often get stomach cramps.
These foods encourage gas production
The diet decides how often and how strongly odor you have to fart. In a study by the Monash University of Melbourne in Australia, researchers found that cysteines are the reason for the unpleasant odor when puffing.
This is mainly found in starchy foods, meat, eggs and dairy products. But fructose and sugar, beans, legumes, onions, coffee, alcohol, muesli, cabbage and fresh bread also have an effect on gas formation in the intestine.
If you do without sugar and instead use xylitol or sorbitol as a sweetener, be warned: the intestine can break down a maximum of 40 grams of it, the rest turns into smelly gases.
Eating too quickly can also cause gas, as air is often swallowed unnoticed. Pregnant women can also often experience flatulence due to hormone fluctuations.
Flatulence: When Is It Too Much?
If you are worried about farting too often, you can breathe a sigh of relief: farting ten to 20 times a day is quite normal - and healthy too.
However, if it occurs more frequently and if the smell is extremely penetrative in combination with abdominal pain, you should definitely consult a doctor.
Not only can you be tested for food intolerance or intolerance, thanks to other diagnostic methods, it can also be found out whether there is a disease of the intestine.
Picture gallery: The best foods for a healthy intestinal flora
This helps against flatulence
Anyone who wants to avoid or reduce flatulence should above all ensure adequate exercise. Keyword: digestive walk.
But warm and moist compresses on the stomach or a hot water bottle can also relax the intestine and thus help against the feeling of gas. A glass of hot water with two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar is also healthy and helpful.
The latter combats putrefactive bacteria in the intestines and stimulates gastric juice production, which supports digestion. Fennel, anise, caraway and mint can also support the intestinal function in the form of freshly brewed tea.
Important NOTE: The information in this article is for general guidance only. To clarify a health problem, we recommend visiting trained and recognized doctors.
- How many square feet are in 128ft
- Is deodorant bad for you
- What is a well-regulated militia
- Why don't most people use tongue cleaners
- What is considered premature ejaculation
- What does complementary metal oxide semiconductor mean?
- What is acidified water
- Why is validation important in pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Get psychological support from snipers
- The decision you made had ripple effects
- How do NBA players build muscle
- How much quieter is a suppressor
- How can I prove 1 2 0
- What is he in chemistry
- What is cos x
- Is pityriasis rosea a fungal infection
- How do you die happily
- Some ship biscuits contain sugar
- How can I seduce others with advertising
- What do you think about paying taxes
- How can we stop soil pollution
- Is crime beneficial to society?
- Lively academy is good for freshmen
- How to install a toilet ring
- What video computer game were you addicted to?
- Can I get deep knowledge about selenium
- What tasks do volunteers have in the hospital?
- What is the best major to study
- What is humanism during the Italian Renaissance
- Athletes become stronger, bigger and faster
- Will oil prices go up in 2020?
- Are there Odoo online forums