What is Adenomyosis What are the Symptoms
Therapy of adenomyosisBasically, surgical as well as non-operative measures are available for adenomyosis treatment. It must always be taken into account whether the patient wishes to keep her uterus or whether the family planning has not yet been concluded with certainty. The alternatives to classic uterine removal would be:
Hormonal treatmentThe drug therapy of adenomyosis includes progestins in the form of oral contraceptives or the hormone coil, as well as treatment with GnRH agonists, which artificially put the patient into menopause. The treatment may reduce the size of the uterus and alleviate symptoms. As soon as the medication is stopped, symptoms usually recur after a certain period of time.
EmbolizationDuring embolization, the blood supply is withdrawn from the areas interspersed with adenomyosis. Under local anesthesia, the radiologist pushes a catheter over the inguinal artery to the blood vessels that supply the adenomyosis areas with blood. Under X-ray fluoroscopy, small, biologically compatible plastic particles are then injected into the artery, which attach themselves to the finer branches and block them. As a result, the adenomyosis shrinks and the symptoms subside or go away completely. The blood supply to the uterus is not endangered.
MRgFUS treatmentThe treatment of adenomyosis with MRI-guided focused ultrasound has been CE certified since June 2010. The adenomyosis areas are heated and destroyed by bundled ultrasound waves during MRI monitoring. The advantages are the particularly gentle and uncomplicated approach and the quick recovery time after the treatment as well as the preservation of the uterus and fertility. In our center, the first patient with adenomyosis was successfully treated in November 2008, at that time as part of an off-label therapy. We have now treated over 150 patients (as of 2/2016) with the diagnosis of uterine adenomyosis with MRgFUS.
- Why cat haters don't like cats
- What is inattention
- Is Death Note a good anime
- Are meals on bikes covered by Medicare
- How hard is kayaking
- How is the MCA internship at the University of Galgotia integrated
- What are examples of functional fixation
- How can I enlarge my FB group
- Make Math Majors GMAT Better
- Can you do a quick rap
- How often should Linux servers be restarted
- Can you stop loving someone who has died
- Why children are so jealous
- Is the LinkedIn profile public or private?
- The word people is a collective term
- How do I invest in the General Assembly
- Fashion design is only associated with clothing
- What is the purpose of oral care
- Can you reverse engineer a software program
- What is the unit to measure the pressure
- What is the best charging animation
- What if Tom Riddle never created Horcruxes
- Which book is best for suitability
- What was Adolf Hitler's estimated IQ