NIT offers pure science courses
Bachelor of Physics
In the bachelor's degree you will be familiarized with the basics of physics / astronomy, mathematics and, if necessary, other courses. The bachelor’s degree alone does not enable students to work independently, but rather provides the basis for a master’s degree at the University of Bern.
Physics is the fundamental natural science par excellence; all systems of nature obey their laws. Physics creates terms to describe these laws, searches for methods with the help of which the truthfulness of knowledge can be checked, and uses this knowledge to discover the unknown.
Current research topics are particle physics, atomic and molecular physics, condensed matter, astrophysics and cosmology and, increasingly, interdisciplinary topics such as biophysics or climate physics. Many of these topics are prominently represented at the University of Bern and offer our students the opportunity to participate in exciting research using the most modern means.
In addition to pure basic research, the physicists also face the challenges of today, such as dwindling energy resources, threatening climate changes or problems in the health care system. Physics thus becomes part of a cultural process which strives for knowledge and which puts this at the service of society. Young physicists thus have the opportunity and the responsibility to play a decisive role in shaping the future of their society.
Areas of activity
Physicists work in a wide range of professions. The areas of work range from basic research and industrial research to the development and production of equipment and complex systems. Physicists work in technical sales, technical and administrative planning, assume entrepreneurial responsibility and find themselves in the management of companies. In addition, many take up teaching positions in various schools, and some begin university careers. The physicist's always broad professional field is constantly changing and expanding due to the many new developments in science and technology.
- How was your NDA 2 exam
- Why did I feel so unmotivated
- What does eternal life mean
- Is the gender biologically determined or socially constructed
- Is there a god in heaven
- What mail software did Steve Jobs use
- Is it hot to wear a hijab?
- What is an urgent request for prayer
- What is a rugby pass
- Make note 12 important in fashion design
- The Barenaked Ladies was a decent band
- How did the Ahoms defeat the Mughals
- How did Jay Z come to Beyonce
- Will Brienne and Tormund meet
- What should I do in 3 months
- What causes cell movement
- What can we learn from Mr Robots
- What were Trump's objections to NAFTA?
- Who can apply for a home loan
- Assassination is an art
- Do pilots affairs
- Should McDonalds have more choices for vegetarians
- Who is the funniest Shakespeare character
- Where can I find free textbooks