Which countries have defeated Russia?
Maxim Trudoljubow (born 1970) is a Russian journalist and former editor of the daily Vedomosti. He is a member of the American research organization Kennan Institute, his research interests include religion, architecture and political processes in contemporary Russia. Trudolyubov regularly publishes articles in independent media.
Introduction to the decoderGetting a corona vaccination in Moscow is about as easy as buying bread - Sergei Medvedev came up with this simple formula. The political scientist added that the vaccine was only so easy to get in Moscow; in the regions, however, the "mass vaccination" with Sputnik V is only progressing slowly. So far, around five percent of the total population nationwide have received at least their first vaccination. Russia is one of the worst affected countries in the world and was the first country to approve a vaccine for widespread use. Why is the vaccination rate so low in Russia then, asks journalist Maxim Trudolyubov on Facebook.
Skepticism despite world-class vaccineThe majority of Russians (62 percent) do not want to be vaccinated against Covid, 64 percent think that this virus is a biological weapon (what must go on in the head of those who think one thing like the other?)
At the same time, Russia is undisputedly at the top of the world when it comes to the rapid development of an effective vaccine against Covid. And it is at the top of the world when it comes to helping other countries with vaccination: 39 countries have approved the Russian vaccine, including two EU countries that have not waited for EU approval - Hungary and Slovakia.
Of course it's a victory. The question is: a victory over whom?
Russian propaganda has defeated itself and its own Russian citizens. Years of proliferation of conspiracy theories and various anti-scientific nonsense has made people fear vaccines in the country that is at the forefront of vaccine development. This leads to avoidable deaths and isolation in the global community as the pace of vaccination is truly a race. The countries with the highest vaccination quota will open their borders to one another.
A low vaccination rate leads to more excess mortalityIn Russia, the vaccination rate is low. Here Israel, the United Arab Emirates and Great Britain lead the field, but now also the USA, where there were big problems in the beginning. This is data from the University of Oxford.
Russia is arguably the only country in the world where the supply of vaccine exceeds the demand.
The PR campaign should lead to recognition of Russia's success worldwide. But if you consider the gigantic possibilities of the Russian propaganda machine - wouldn't it then perhaps be worthwhile to use it to recognize Russia's successes in Russia itself?
For this reason alone, propaganda is not just a technology, but a weapon that we use against ourselves.
P. S .: And what was Putin vaccinated with, and why didn't you say it? That would have helped the vaccination campaign. Was he not vaccinated at all, is he an anti-vaccination agent? [Or vaccinated, with - dek] Moderna, which is considered to be a particularly good remedy, but which one shouldn't say out loud?
Status: March 6th, 2021
The Russia analyzes are jointly published by the Research Center for Eastern Europe at the University of Bremen, the German Society for Eastern European Studies, the German Poland Institute, the Leibniz Institute for Agricultural Development in Transition Economies, the Leibniz Institute for East and Southeast European Research and the Center for Eastern European and International Studies (ZOiS) gGmbH. The bpb publishes them as a licensed edition.
- What is the first foundation of the economy
- Why should I choose mongo instead of mssql
- How can ngmoco sell for 400 million
- How can I apply for a Vietnam Visa
- Grow brain cells
- What is SUSE on Linux
- How true is the novel Shiva Trilogy
- Do you know someone with autism
- What are the uses for peroxybenzoic acid
- Which brand computer has the best reputation
- What are equity derivatives
- Is SASTRA University better than CBIT
- Can BMP image increase hosting bandwidth
- Are Twitter followers worth anything
- What are Indeeds Income
- What is the ultimate purpose of the sale
- The muscle balances the body size
- Where do people meet their partners?
- Is occupational safety management good for women
- What is the purpose of oral care
- How marketable is a Cisco CCENT certificate
- Is vaping actually healthier than smoking?
- What do you think of male nursing
- How can I avoid pickpockets in Beijing
- Email can be dangerous
- What does completely random mean?
- Why are BTS guys so cute
- What's the best free phone app
- What was the problem in the KKR camp
- What is polyaluminum chloride
- What is thread security
- What do you eat on road trips
- What are the most iconic honors
- Everything that has to do with the internet is hackable