Cyclobenzaprine may help with anxiety
Medications used to treat fibromyalgia
The drugs amitriptyline, duloxetine, milnacipran, and pregabalin can relieve fibromyalgia pain in some people. You may experience side effects such as dry mouth or nausea. Normal pain relievers like acetaminophen or paracetamol are not recommended for fibromyalgia.
There is currently no drug that has been specifically developed and approved for the treatment of fibromyalgia. However, certain drugs that are approved to treat other chronic pain or other conditions can sometimes help with fibromyalgia. Studies show this for the following four drugs:
With the exception of amitriptyline, the use of these drugs is, from a legal point of view, non-intended use (off-label use), for which special regulations apply - for example, the assumption of costs. It is different if someone has another disease in addition to fibromyalgia for which the respective drug is approved, such as one. It may take a few weeks for the medication to take effect.
It makes sense not to rely on drugs alone, but to combine them with other treatments. Light physical activity can alleviate the symptoms and improve resilience. How to deal with the disease is also important - for example, reducing stress and planning everyday life in such a way that you do not overuse yourself if possible.
- How are terrorism and genocide connected?
- If you fart you should smell it
- The CLAT 2017 was too difficult
- What inspires you more music or movies
- What does a feeling of inequality mean
- An SMS destroys the conversation
- Who is an ideal citizen of India
- How long should I hand wash laundry
- What is muscle building
- What is 12 0
- How can I lengthen my follicular phase
- What do duvets do
- Which preposition was used earlier?
- Could the Casimir effect explain microgravity?
- What is the life of a motorcycle
- Compulsive sexual behavior is a mental disorder
- Is KYC necessary to create a draft demand
- What is repayment or interest rate mortgage
- Devices should be banned in schools
- What are data compression algorithms
- How long do eyeshadows last
- What's your experience with fluoxetine
- How does a linear drive work
- Will leave Vodafone India