What is the hard truth about elitism
The naked truth can be bitter
The Bare Truth is a romantic comedy starring Katherine Heigl and Gerard Butler. It is a film according to the well-known scheme: woman meets man, the two initially hate each other. Both are in search of great love, the man more and the woman less secretly. After a few misunderstandings, crazy adventures and emotional moments, their eyes are finally opened: they had the perfect counterpart in front of their noses the whole time. Anyone who seemed unbearable at the beginning turns out to be a dream partner.
Ever since Harry and Sally showed it so wonderfully, this is arguably the best-known formula for romantic comedies. It has been repeated in many films, is welcomed and loved by countless viewers. However, within the narrow limits of this genre, some filmmakers get quite creative: Particularly likeable leading actors, between whom the screen crackles, or even an unusual story turn an average romantic comedy into a wonderful experience.
Unfortunately, the director of The Naked Truth, Robert Luketic, did not seem to have succeeded in this. Claudia Puig from USA Today criticizes the absolute predictability of the film, which exactly follows the scheme described above. The chemistry between the main actors doesn't turn a mediocre film into a grandiose romance either. The Nordseezeitung sums it up: Gerard Butler seems overwhelmed and Katherine Heigl at the same time tense and listless. The Daily Mail even criticizes the fact that the schematic and unflattering portrayal of the female lead in the film does not do any woman a favor.
After all, even the comedic element of the film only convinces very few. Only James Berardinelli thinks that in a romantic comedy, a joke about adult sex is a refreshing change. David Edwards from the English Mirror, on the other hand, finds the jokes in the film too blatant and not in the good way below the belt.
Michael Scott draws the conclusion, representative of most of the critics, that the film is completely predictable and is not saved by sympathetic leading actors or by an above-average joke. For fans of Katherine Heigl or Gerard Butler, the film should still be worth a visit. However, you should not expect anything extraordinary.
If you have a different opinion or want to form your own picture of The Naked Truth, then take a look at ours Showtimes. Here is the trailer again as a decision-making aid:
- How do relatives behave at a wedding
- Which is the largest mobile ad exchange
- How do we convert O2 to O3
- How is Africa
- Which vegetables do you usually eat
- At this moment life is perfect
- What is inattention
- What are the best Anoto-enabled pens
- Can babies get pregnant?
- Is AP Calculus difficult
- How much are Disney masterpiece collections worth
- What do you drink all day
- What font is used in these numbers
- Teach writing effectively with creative writing classes
- Which year felt most 2010s
- Why are barbie dolls 11 inches tall
- Did Vladimir Putin ever lose an election?
- What does horror dreams mean
- How much did the founders of ola originally invest?
- Is it difficult to program drones
- Are graduate students eligible for the Navy
- What are the HR administrative activities
- Why does denim fade
- What do you think of IPL 1