How do baristas make this latte art
Latte Art »Instructions to make yourself!
Latte art is the art of conjuring up heart ✓ leaf ✓ or tulip ✓, unusual patterns and many other impressive works of art on the coffee. The barista's creativity is in Milk artThere are hardly any limits to what Latte Art translates from Italian into English. Critical to the success of the latte art is one good espresso and a perfect milk foam. In order to produce the perfect foam for the Latte Art and to master the correct pouring technique, one thing above all is required: practice.
With the right swing and small aids like Pen and stencil You too will soon be able to paint the most beautiful coffee pictures on your espresso milk drink at home and give your friends a true latte art work, prepared with a lot of love and heart.
Table of Contents
Which coffees are suitable for latte art?
Latte Art can be used to decorate any espresso-based drink that can be covered with a cap made of milk foam. The classics in which the latte art is used are the cappuccino and the caffè latte. The espresso and the milk coffee can also be embellished and enhanced with beautiful pictures by putting on a milk foam hood.
What do you need for the latte art?
- Frothing jug with a pointed spout
- A perfect milk foam
- A good espresso with a portion of Robusta
- Not absolutely necessary but helpful: pen or stencil
- Practice, practice, practice!
Espresso - the one ingredient for the latte art
The preparation of the coffee or espresso is one thing perfect consistency of the milk foam Prepare for the latte art, the other. An espresso that forms a thick crema is best suited. A lower oil content in the coffee bean ensures a thick, stable crema, which is why we recommend using an espresso mixture with a Robusta component to make the espresso. A pure Arabica or Arabica mixes are less used to create an espresso, as the foam collapses more quickly.
If you want to know more about it: "Arabica vs. Robusta"
Latte art and the perfect milk foam - how to make it yourself?
The milk foam should have a creamy, fine-pored density. The microfoam should be like this be fine-poredthat it breaks through the crema of the espresso when it is poured and then rises to the surface again. The most ideally suited is the steam nozzle of the portafilter machine, with which you can also make the best espresso with a little manual skill. The steam nozzle of the fully automatic coffee machine can also produce convincing results. You can also use a milk frother to make it. However, in order to achieve the right consistency for the latte art, we advise against using the milk frother.
The milk should if possible fridge cold because when frothing with the steam nozzle heat is generated and it takes a certain amount of time for the milk foam to have the desired consistency. Ultimately, the temperature should not exceed 65 ° Celsius. The foam is best prepared with whole milk. The higher fat content in the milk is also a flavor carrier and the natural sugar content contributes to a harmonious, rounded taste. You can also use lactose-free milk and soy milk, the protein content is decisive in milk for density.
We explain more to you in our blog frothing milk.
The latte art is created - the technology is important!
With the Latte Art, it is important to find the right moment when the milk comes to the surface again after it has been poured and broken through the crema. Crucial for the success of the motif is also the speed and the angle at which or at which one pours. Ever steeper the pouring anglethe more white the milk froth stands out. Pouring can be best dosed with a pointed beak on the frothing jug.
What are the different techniques?
Generally it is used for the preparation with three techniques worked. You can of course combine these processes with one another as you wish.
- Probably the best known and at the same time classic technique: The pouring technique, the pairing
- Drawing with pen & Co., the etching
- Model 3D shapes
Latte art heart
When pouring for the Latte art heart is poured from a little further up at the beginning, before the spout ideally rests on the edge of the cup and the milk foam stays on top. For a heart, a circular milk foam should first emerge on the crema. When the milk rises to the surface again, the latte art can be drawn into the crema with the stream of milk by dragging once through the circle from top to bottom. The Latte Art Heart is considered to be the “lightest” shape of the Latte Art. It's easier if you pull the pouring spout through the circle from top to bottom - your Latte Art heart is finished.
Latte art sheet
The Latte art sheet is obtained by pouring the milk foam with several left-right movements, which tapers towards the bottom. A zigzag pattern is created. Finally, place the stem of the leaf through the pattern with a vertical movement. With the Latte Art Blatt, the demand for the right speed when pouring and the movement sequences is much higher than with the Latte Art Heart.
Latte art tulip
Creating the Latte art tulip has extremely high demands on the barista and is the master's examination. The motif of the tulip requires enormous skill and the necessary know-how. In the first step, the milk is poured in so that it stays under the crema and the cup is half filled with milk. The next step is to set three or more points along a line. The last point, cast as a heart, is then connected to the row of points by a line.
Conclusion: It takes a steady hand and a lot of practice until the heart & Co. makes the hearts of your guests beat faster. But it will remain unforgettable for you. Latte art is an art and hardly a master has fallen from the sky so far. If you don't succeed in the milk art you are aiming for as you imagined: Create a completely new Latte Art creation and give it an enchanting name! Do it like guessing clouds and enjoy your creation. Let your creativity run free.
In our barista course you can learn the fine art of latte art. Coffee roaster Jens Kirmse is also a trained barista and will be happy to show you tips and tricks about latte art.
- How is the call center service level calculated
- What classifies an intersection
- Why is movement important in physics
- What is the purpose of Animoto
- Lexapro has metabolic side effects
- Which are the air carriers in India
- Is coconut oil an antibiotic
- Where do olive trees grow
- Which is the language that comes closest to Danish?
- What is CDSL
- How sustainable is the cold store business?
- How can I improve the application process for Harvards?
- What are the best medical colleges
- What is meant by photochemical reaction
- Why has spirituality disappeared from modern culture?
- What helps introverts contribute to meetings
- Can dogs eat pizza rolls?
- What is the job of Sophia Loren
- What's your favorite suspense movie
- What was the first reusable missile
- Can TRON handle BitTorrent's Crypto Token
- What is nearshoring
- There are many monolingual Croatians
- Is there a future for industrial psychology
- What is the penalty for pirating books
- What are the best moisturizing apps
- How do I revise Math-SSC-CGL
- What are the benefits of financial accounting
- The work of the certification body is stressful
- How do I fight ISIS physically
- Affects FAFSA food brands
- Where can I find witch magic
- What is verification and validation