What is the purpose of oral care
Oral care in nursing
Oral health has a major impact on overall health and wellbeing. With age, the gums recede and the necks of the teeth become more prone to tooth decay. Loose or missing teeth as well as ill-fitting dentures or incorrect denture care can lead to problems with eating, painful pressure points or inflammation.
People in need of care often have dry mouths, for example because they drink little or because certain medications do not produce enough saliva. Good oral care is therefore particularly important for people in need of care in order to avoid pain, infections, problems with chewing or swallowing and even malnutrition.
Oral care aids promote the independence of those in need of care. You can e.g. B. help to grip the toothbrush better or easier to get to difficult places in the mouth.
Good to know: what aids are there?
A thicker handle makes it easier to hold the toothbrush. Foam rubber or a small rubber ball can be placed on the handle for this purpose. There are also special accessories in specialist shops to strengthen or lengthen the handle.
- to brush
There are toothbrushes with two or even three brushes. They clean the teeth inside, outside and the chewing surfaces at the same time. If the person in need of care brushes their teeth themselves, electric toothbrushes are ideal. If he is unable to do this, brushes with soft bristles are particularly suitable to prevent injuries. To get between the teeth, there are particularly narrow brushes - they are called interdental brushes. There are special denture brushes for dentures.
You can also use dental floss to clean the space between your teeth. To do this, a thread about 20 cm long is wrapped around both index fingers, tightened and then carefully moved up and down between the teeth.
- How big is the Sena of Krishna
- How can I make eyelashes grow back quickly
- In which Indian state is GST abandoned?
- Why do cell phones interfere with radios
- Poisoned Olenna Joffrey in the books
- Is IAS a great option
- What does resetting mean
- US Postal Code Boundary Sources
- Is neglect effective
- Can become a left-handed surgeon
- Thoughts are real
- How was your IES exam in 2019
- Are educational costs in the UK tax deductible?
- What is your greatest quirk and why
- How do I invest in RapidMiner
- Where are archived messages in Messenger
- What if Tom Riddle never created Horcruxes
- Always requires practice in math
- Can I make a living from pickleball
- When does water evaporate
- Coal absorbs CO2
- Bicycle pedals should spin freely
- Why can't I find someone like me
- How does the thermal expansion affect the thermal conductivity?