Should I use anyone or everyone
Indefinite pronouns in German grammar
What are indefinite pronouns?
Indefinite pronouns We use (indefinite pronoun) when we generalize something (instead of talking about something concrete).
- Can you something do for me? (generally)
(specifically, for example: can you wash my car?)
The indefinite pronouns include, for example something, nothing, man, someone, everyone. Learn the correct use of German indefinite pronouns here. Then test your knowledge in the exercises.
Indefinite pronouns something nothing
The pronouns something and Nothing are not declined.
- Did you something belongs?
- No, I have Nothing belongs.
Indefinite pronouns someone / everyone
The pronouns someone and everyone are declined.
- I should someone call, but I can't remember who.
- It can each times happen.
The pronoun everyone also adapts to the noun it replaces.
- masculine - everyone
feminine - each
neutral - each
Indefinite pronouns man
The pronoun man becomes in the dative to one and in the accusative to one. (The possessive pronouns of man correspond to those of he.)
- Do something like that man Not! (Nominative)
- Your voice goes one under the skin. (Dative)
- The stress makes one ill. (Accusative)
- You can hardly be hear your own word. (Possessive pronouns)
Indefinite pronouns with any ...
To reinforce indefinite pronouns, we can put in front of some pronouns any- set, for example: anyone / anyone, anything / anything
- Anyone / Anyone will help us.
- Anything / anything he said, right?
Declination of someone / everyone / one
The following overview shows how the pronouns someone, everyone and one are declined in the nominative, dative and accusative case.
- Hard work can justify arrogance
- Pete Buttigieg is a child prodigy
- What is asked in a Skype interview
- What is my future in networking
- When can we get robot friends?
- What kind of mutation causes autism
- How does sound mean
- What are the HRCI certification courses
- Russell Westbrook is a ball eater
- How can I build a radio telescope
- Corn dogs have gluten
- When did you start reading political books?
- What is dark liquid
- You can post to Instagram from Twitter
- What are QA roles
- Why is money more important than a child
- Science and technology promote our soul
- Why is Iago manipulating people in Othello
- What was the last castle you visited
- What is the use of the EPS extension
- What is the best CPU architecture
- Where can I find ESL teachers
- How many MNCs come to AIT Pune
- What are neighbor rights