What is political deception
Doctors' representatives accuse politics of deception
The topic of the 112th German Medical Congress is the financial undersupply of the health system
- Doctor with Stetoscope (Stock.XCHNG / Sanja Gjenero)
The German Doctors' Day has started in Mainz: The focus of the four-day event is on cost containment in the health care system and the demands of doctors on politics. The President of the German Medical Association, Jörg-Dietrich Hoppe, accuses politicians of deceiving citizens about the state of the health system.
In front of around 250 delegates from the state medical associations, the President of the German Medical Association, Jörg-Dietrich Hoppe, accused politicians of deceiving citizens about the state of the health system at the start of the 112th Medical Congress in Mainz.
In addition, he defended the list of priorities brought into play by the doctors: A priority list of treatment options must be considered - and urged to invest more money in the health system. With the resources available today, medical progress will no longer be in the practices and Clinics can be mapped.
Federal Minister of Health can be defended
On behalf of Federal Health Minister Ulla Schmidt (SPD), State Secretary for Health Schröder admitted a shortage of funds, but emphasized that all citizens could participate in medical progress. Schmidt had not come to Mainz for the first time in a long time this year because he took part in an international conference on the fight against so-called swine flu. According to Hoppe, however, there is still a willingness to engage in dialogue.
Hoppe demands more money for statutory health insurance
In the morning, Hoppe had proposed on Deutschlandfunk to increase the funds for statutory health insurance because of the tight budgets. Germany will only be able to solve the problems in the health care system if more money comes into the system. This could be done through higher contributions or through tax revenues. Doctors see themselves and patients as suffering from the rationing of medical services.
He pointed out that in most industrialized countries around nine percent of the gross domestic product flowed into statutory health insurance. In Germany, however, it is only six percent. Hoppe added that there must also be reforms on the expenditure side so as not to overburden the system. In this context, he reaffirmed his proposal for a three-tier list of priorities, which provides for preferential treatment of seriously or life-threatening sick people. (Text / MP3 audio)
It may be that politics is not entirely innocent of the fact that the reform ideas are currently sprouting wilder than ever. With the establishment of the health fund, the grand coalition has shaken up the health system more than any post-war government before it. However, it has achieved the feat of installing the upheaval without answering one of the only questions that are important for the future of the health care system. Comment: The doctors before the Doctors' Day (DLF)
View of Switzerland
Up until now there was money in the Swiss health insurances, the patients were better cared for than in this country and so the Swiss health system was long considered a role model for the Germans. But that was once upon a time. Now it is suddenly the other way around: the Swiss Minister of Health is curiously looking to Germany and taking the practice fee as an example. The Swiss and their health system
Bottlenecks in the health system threaten not only in the civil but also in the military sector: The Medical Officer Forum has warned of a drastic loss of quality in medical care in the Bundeswehr. More and more doctors were leaving the Bundeswehr, said the forum chairman Wolfgang Petersen on Deutschlandradio Kultur.
- Where do news websites get their pictures from
- How is matured cheese not rotten?
- What should sellers know about Amazon customers?
- What does complementary metal oxide semiconductor mean?
- Incubators are useless
- What is the value of old marbles
- Which Canadian universities offer scholarships to Africans?
- How vaccines save lives
- Fancy rope tricks were useful for cowboys
- Legends are helpful to historians
- Female dumpers regret having split up
- Will Wonder Woman returns to her house
- What can we learn from Narendra Modi
- What does faire lappoint mean in French?
- How expensive is your smartphone
- Which plant has the longest scientific name
- Human Physiology Why is Every Voice Unique
- American Express Walmart Bluebird Card
- Which motor has the maximum efficiency
- What do you think of Thinkspot
- Can meditation reduce impulsiveness
- What makes control under control
- How many kinds of principles in communication
- Are diss tracks considered bullying?
- Who invented linguistics?
- What is an eSIM
- Is an employee handbook a contract
- What valuable skill is easy to master
- Is MIT more prestigious than Yale
- Can Naruto implant the Sharingan
- Did Crouch Jr. master Occlumency
- How does Indian gooseberry taste