What are homologous pairs and alleles
We deal with homologous chromosomes in this article. We will explain to you what is meant by homologous chromosomes and what they are used for. This article belongs to our field of biology or genetics.
Chromosomes are the carriers of the genetic make-up. They consist of a thread of DNA and proteins. During cell division, the chromosomes appear in their transport form and are shortened by their spiralization. As a result, the chromatin threads take on a clearly defined shape that can be recognized by light microscopy.Show:
Homologous Chromosome Explanation
The DNA thread of a single chromosome can be several inches long. The cell nucleus - in which the chromosomes are located - has a diameter of about 10 µm. A chromosome consists (before division) of two chromatids connected by a centromere. The following graphic shows the structure:
The term homologous chromosome describes a chromosome that corresponds to another chromosome in terms of shape and sequence of genes. Each diploid cell has a set of homologous chromosomes - one from the father and one from the mother. Male sex chromosomes, which are known as heterologous chromosomes, are an exception. Homologous chromosomes can form pairs of chromosomes.
Who's OnlineWe have 1032 guests online
- What's the most money you've ever had
- Can someone threaten a sociopath?
- How many Airbus models are there
- What is your experience at TCS ILP?
- How can organizations prevent crime?
- Who is Deepika Kakkar's first husband
- Why do we need Certification Authorities CA
- Which is better green salsa or guacamole
- How can I apply for secret agents
- What is the relationship between metamathematics and metaphysics
- Is WinZip sure why or why not
- Most reliable online typing services
- What is the smartest album title
- Which countries in Africa have passenger railways
- What does that mean, so to speak
- What are the benefits of vomiting
- How can pneumonia become fatal
- What is an iPhone X clone
- How do you lactate as a man
- What is a path function
- Did the Nazis really burn Jews?
- Drinking gasoline methanol can make you drunk
- Can you answer my most difficult questions
- Why do people abuse the word knowledgeable