Why is buttermilk so thick
What is the difference between buttermilk and pure buttermilk?
Buttermilk is a popular thirst quencher, especially on hot days. When buying, it is worth paying close attention to the name, because there are differences. “The manufacturer may add up to ten percent water and up to 15 percent skimmed milk to buttermilk. This does not have to be stated on the packaging, ”explains Susanne Moritz, nutrition expert at the Bavarian Consumer Center. “Pure buttermilk, on the other hand, is not added to water, skimmed or dried milk,” says Moritz. Water may only be withdrawn from it in order to increase the milk dry matter. Pure buttermilk is thicker and tastes more full-bodied than buttermilk with additives.
Buttermilk forms as a by-product of making butter. Their refreshingly sour taste is created by adding lactic acid bacteria afterwards or by adding butter to acidified cream during the production of sour cream butter. Buttermilk contains a lot of protein and minerals and is very low in calories with a maximum of one percent fat.
Market place nutrition - forum of the consumer association Bavaria
A team of experts from the Bavarian Consumer Center answers questions about nutrition and food in the Internet forum "Market Place Nutrition".
All interested consumers can read the answers online.
The offer at www.verbüberszentrale-bayern.de is free of charge.
Please note that the report reflects the status quo at the time of its publication.
- How can we make our time productive
- Should I save a lot or a little
- Can I join the NCC without a college?
- Which martial art suits me best
- How can an Arduino interact with Matlab
- Can people change their lives reversibly
- What is management and its functions
- Should I name my son Zebedaeus
- How did Shiva get married to Parvati
- How does exercise help manage depression
- Will Brienne and Tormund meet
- Uses UK kg or lbs
- Why do men find fighting girls attractive?
- Is catfish a seafood
- Why did the 1994 Winter Olympics take place
- Which band sang the song Digital Love
- How do you manifest power
- What happens to the liability insurance
- What is the strongest gust of wind of all time
- How to study abroad in Iceland
- Is it illegal for preparators
- You can combine Delta SkyMiles
- What are Wonder Womans bracelets made of
- What is the purpose of makeup 1