How do retirees adapt
German pension insurance
With the pension card in credit card format, you can prove your status as a pensioner. Your name and date of birth as well as your pension insurance number are entered on the ID.
Pension card in the welcome letter
Since July 2020 you have received your pension certificate with the welcome letter. The welcome letter is sent by Deutsche Post AG's Pension Service, which also pays out your pension. In the welcome letter you will be informed of the number of your pension and the relevant pension insurance agency. At the same time, the Pension Service introduces itself as a contact for all changes to your account details or your address. There is no need to send a paper ID card, which previously had to be cut out of the pension notification.
As a pensioner, you will in many cases receive discounts, for example at cultural events such as in the theater, in the cinema and also on local public transport. There are now more and more discounts in shops and restaurants. In many cases, proof of your status as a pensioner is required, which you can prove with your pension certificate.
Questions and answers about the pension certificate
What material is the ID made of?
For environmental reasons, the new pension card is not a plastic card. Rather, the Deutsche Rentenversicherung made a conscious decision in favor of a narrow, film-reinforced paper ID that fits into any wallet to save space.
What should I do if I lose my ID?
If you have lost your pension card or it is damaged, you can request a replacement pension card via the online service of the Deutsche Post AG pension service at www.rentenservice.de/ Ersatzrentenausweis.
Are you a pensioner of the Deutsche Rentenversicherung KBS?
If your pension is transferred to you by the Deutsche Rentenversicherung Knappschaft-Bahn-See (KBS), you will continue to receive a replacement pension certificate from your pension insurance provider.
You can find the contact details for Deutsche Rentenversicherung Knappschaft-Bahn-See here.
Is the pension card barrier-free?
The pension card is designed to be barrier-free with high-contrast fonts on a white surface. If you have a visual impairment, you can receive your ID as a PVC card, which is embossed with the letters "RA" in Braille in the upper right corner. The embossing can be used to distinguish the pension certificate from other cards by touch. The design and content of the ID card as a PVC card is otherwise completely the same as the foil-reinforced ID card.
- How will life be in the year 3017
- Where does the IGNOU BSc take place
- Are consumers tired of technological change
- You need oil for electric cars
- Why is ethylamine more basic than ammonia
- How does phishing happen?
- What does the future hold for bookstores?
- Taiwanese are allowed to visit China
- What is the physics behind a bike
- Why doesn't MIT have a medical school?
- Are people naturally afraid of change
- When is World Braille Day?
- What kind of pens do animators use
- Who operates the internet backbone
- How do I consolidate financial accounts
- Is a bindi culturally or religiously why
- A landlord can forbid guests
- Where should I go in Himachal Pardesh
- What are the most requested python libraries
- What is the standard sitcom episode structure
- What is an antihero 1
- Premium gas makes a difference
- What are the popular uses of spoonerisms
- What is Uber's Marketing Strategy
- The OPPO phone has software updates
- Why was super mario game so famous
- Where is Suvarnabhumi International Airport located
- What is half a house
- What makes soot electrically conductive
- Why has Ethereum fallen so much lately
- What are offline advertising methods
- Can you help solve this cryptic clue?
- What types of boots are business casual
- Where can I find corporate grants