Is Aishwarya Rai from Mangalore
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan or Aishwarya Bachchan (born as Aishwarya Rai; Tulu: ಐಶ್ವರ್ಯಾ ರೈ Pronunciation: [ɛʃvərjɑː rɑːj]; * November 1, 1973 in Mangalore, Karnataka) is an Indian actress. She won the Miss World election in 1994 and is a very successful model.
Aishwarya Rai was born in Mangalore to Krishnaraj Rai, a marine biologist, and Vrinda Rai, a writer. She has an older brother, Aditya Rai, a merchant marine engineer and co-producer of her film Dil Ka Rishta (2003).
After she was born, her parents moved to Mumbai. There she first attended the Arya Vidya Mandir High School in Santa Cruz, then for a year the Jai Hind University in Churchgate, then the Ruparel University in Matunga with the aim of studying architecture.
During her studies, she began to work as a model on the side. In 1994 she took part in the Miss India competition and was second behind Sushmita Sen. Then she took part in the Miss World competition and won this title and the title of Miss Photogenic. She then interrupted her studies and spent the following year as reigning Miss World in London. Now she started modeling professionally. Soon afterwards I started acting.
She speaks several languages: Tulu, Hindi, English, Tamil and Marathi.
Since April 20, 2007, Aishwarya Rai is married to Abhishek Bachchan, who was also her film partner several times.
Career as a model
Aishwarya has been photographed for many Indian fashion magazines, including the Indian one Vogue. She is currently doing international advertising for L'Oréal Paris, De Beers Diamonds, Coca-Cola and Longines watches. She is the most successful Indian model.
Career as an actress
Because of the public's interest for her Miss World title, she became an actress. Her debut was Mani Ratnam's family filmIruvar (1997), which was a critical success. Still, her early films were torn apart by the press. Her acting talent was identified as fake and wooden designated. She made her debut in Bollywood with Pyaar Ho Gayawhich was very successful. Other blockbusters are among others Taal and Devdas. In addition to her films in Hindi, Rai continued to star in Tamil films such as Kandukondain Kandukondain or in Jeans. Mainly by Jeans she became known all over India. For the Bengali film industry she starred in 2003, directed by Rituparno Ghosh Chokher Bali. In the recent past she has also worked in western film productions, e.g. B. in The Last Legion.
In 2003, Rai was chosen as a jury member at the Cannes Film Festival, which made her known in the West in one fell swoop. In 2004 she was named one of the "100 Most Influential People in the World" by Time Magazine. The American news program 60 minutes dedicated an episode to her and called her the "most beautiful woman in the world". A month later she visited the American talk show host David Letterman as the first Indian woman on his show. A wax figure of her is in London's Madame Tussauds wax museum.
- Converted Lindsay Lohan to Islam
- Assassination is an art
- How do you solve this physical problem
- How vaccines save lives
- How good is the Indirapuram Public School
- What does Kane mean in Japanese
- Is it possible to close a volcano?
- What is the pain of betrayal
- Which infrastructure is used at Mixpanel
- Is married to Shah Faesal
- What does Oneness Pentecostal theology teach
- Where can I get Indian Harvoni
- What is a favorite mobile in the public eye
- Why do witches hate Christians
- What are the greatest instrumental chart songs
- Which taste best describes you
- Neemoel is dangerous for humans
- Men and women see colors differently
- What is a mental blackout
- XLRI or IIM Lucknow
- What illness has changed you as a person
- What is the depreciation cash flow
- If Jesus sneezed what should you say
- How did the iPhone come about