You can get sepsis from tonsillitis
Tonsillitis - possible complications
The ENT doctor can usually get a purulent tonsillitis under control with targeted antibiotic therapy. If the disease remains untreated or is dragged on, the risk increases that the inflammation will flare up again and again (recurrent tonsillitis) or become chronic (chronic tonsillitis).
Chronically inflamed tonsils represent a permanent source of infection in the body and can therefore be the starting point for serious secondary diseases. If the streptococci spread in the body, this can lead to rheumatic fever, kidney inflammation (glomerulonephritis), heart inflammation (endo-, myo-, pericarditis), or inflammation of the joints (rheumatoid arthritis). This can also result in permanent damage to the affected organs, such as a heart valve defect. These complications can be effectively prevented by surgical removal of the focus of inflammation (tonsillectomy).
If the inflammation spreads into the surrounding connective tissue and forms a collection of pus there, it is called a peritonsillar abscess. In this case, a few days after acute tonsillitis, the fever rises again with unilateral difficulty swallowing, stitches in the ear and an obstructed mouth opening. Usually the abscess protrudes noticeably into the oral cavity. The uvula is swollen and bulges to the side (uvular edema).
If the pathogen gets into the bloodstream, there is a risk of life-threatening sepsis, also known colloquially as blood poisoning. The bacteria can be distributed throughout the body either via the small almond veins, via the draining lymphatic system, via an abscess or a phlegmon (a purulent infection of the soft tissues). Sepsis needs intensive medical treatment right away!
- Disorder is a sign of mental illness
- Extreme heat can destroy atoms
- What are heading tags
- What is a family archive
- How can I download locked video videos
- Is Ubud safe from a tsunami
- What is pharmacognosy Why is it important
- What is an RRP
- Science and technology promote our soul
- How is RPO different from traditional recruitment
- Manganese dioxide is toxic
- What are the elements of literary analysis
- Alight Solutions lay off their employees
- How do I not like Instagram photos
- How important were blacksmiths in the past
- Have you ever overheard your parents?
- What is ADSL
- Which Micromax phone is in stock Android
- Incubators are useless
- What does that mean, so to speak
- What is the full form of TBRL
- Is Saturn cold
- Why can't humans digest most plants properly?
- Are porn pictures safer than video porn